Second Weddings
Options

Any Widows here

Just wondered, see a lot of divorcees, My husband passed away 4 years ago with our 6month old son in a DWI related car accident we were 26 at the time. I am getting remarried next June. Just wondered if anyothers were in the same boat.Thanks

Re: Any Widows here

• Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rachel so sorry for your loss...

I'm happy for you that you were able to find love again, congratulations and happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi - this is my first post.  I am so very sorry for your loss.  I am also a widow - I was married in 1998 and my husband passed away in 2005.  I had not dated at all since then, pretty much figured I would be single my whole life (I am 43).  I met my fiance' last November, and we were engaged this August.  We have just started planning - preliminary date of 10/08/11.  It definitely can't take away the sadness, but it's good to find someone you love to spend the rest of your life with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rachel&DylanRachel&Dylan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_widows-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:1480f7b7-1129-4f6d-91a0-a812cfa99370Post:db64a8da-b677-400c-aa45-7d6003072d30">Re: Any Widows here</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi - this is my first post.  I am so very sorry for your loss.  I am also a widow - I was married in 1998 and my husband passed away in 2005.  I had not dated at all since then, pretty much figured I would be single my whole life (I am 43).  I met my fiance' last November, and we were engaged this August.  We have just started planning - preliminary date of 10/08/11.  It definitely can't take away the sadness, but it's good to find someone you love to spend the rest of your life with.
    Posted by toniaz[/QUOTE]

Very true, I just turned 30. I met my fiance in a window/ers group at a grief support group.  I am very happy for you that you also found someone. Congrats to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too am a widow.  My husband and I were 2 months shy of our second anniversary when he passed away to illness and complications from diabetes.  He was my best friend and I still miss him.  I was able to fall in love again, to find someone that understood I had lost a dear friend and husband.  He understands when I get sad sometimes and miss my beloved.  But Chris is another chance and another love and I am so very glad to have met him.  He truly is proof that God is love and love can multiply.  I am 32 years old and will be getting married (again) in May 2011.  My former in-laws and I have remained close; they will be in attendance and are happy for me.  Good luck with your new future.  I understand how very strange this can be.  I have no idea if the things I feel and think are normal but I am very excited about my new future.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi--I was married 10.22.2005 and lost my husband to cancer just 5 months later 4.1.2006.  I understand your loss...there are still days I get teary eyed and miss my late husband Jeff.
    I have been blessed enough to fall in love again to a man who is just wonderful!  He understands me...knows that loosing my first love was very hard on me...but knows I have healed mourned...and waited over 4 years to love again...and we will be getting married next year!  This will be Mike's 1st wedding and i am lucky that he understands that i have HAD the big black tie 40k wedding...and now want a simple but elegant 5k wedding ;-)  lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry for all of you to have to deal with the loss of a loved one..  It is a wonderful gift however that you were all given a wonderful person to fall in love with again.  God is great and Love is the greatest gift!  I am not a widow myself, but I am engaged to a wonderful man who is widowed.  He has 4 kids, I have 3 and for the last 4 years we have grown into a big beautiful family!  No one can ever imagine what all a family has to deal with when their has been a loss unless they have lived it.  The "new" love(s) in your life live it as well and only want happiness brought back in your lives Smile  I credit all of you for the strength you have shown and for the love you are able to give back. 

FAITH, HOPE, LOVE..  and the greatest of these is LOVE..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards