New York-New York City
Options

Hotel Recommendations?

My husband and I are planning a trip to new york next fall and I was wondering if anyone had any recs. on hotels to check out or areas of the city to look for places in? Looking to stay under 300$/night if at all possible.

Thanks!

Re: Hotel Recommendations?

• Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The last couple times my family came to visit they found great rates at the W. There are 5 of them in different neighborhoods around the city.

What area would you like to be in?

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thats the problem, I dont know. Im open to suggestions on what is best.
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you want to do while you're here? Museums, broadway shows, shopping, sight-seeing?

I recommend staying downtown (below 23rd) for a more authentic NYC experience. If you're looking for the more touristy option, you'd want to say in midtown. Either way, be sure to choose a place that is relatively close to a subway.

Also, the last few trips we took, we rented apartments on Vacation Rentals By Owners (http://www.vrbo.com) We like it so much we don't stay in hotels anymore unless we really have to. I highly recommend it!

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I wouldnt have thought of that! I will have to check that out. Thanks :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The W hotel
    Bryant Park Hotel
    The Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
    The Standard

These are all within the $175-$250 a night and they are really nice! We are using them for our website, although The standard doesn't offer group rates or block rooms.

Happy hunting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards