Pre-wedding Parties

Engagement Party Gift Ideas

Hi,

I am attending an engagement party this weekend and wasn't sure whether to bring a gift.  And if I am expected to, what are some ideas?  The party is at a restaurant that has specifically asked that no outside alcohol be brought in, so I'm not going to bring a bottle of wine... though maybe that would be ok if it is wrapped.  ??

Any suggestions?  I didn't have an engagement party and have never actually been to one so I don't know what to expect.

Thanks!
Happily married since September 2010. :)

Re: Engagement Party Gift Ideas

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gifts shouldn't be expected at an engagement party, but I know I never like to show up at a party empty handed. I usually bring a bottle of wine or champagne, and a nice card for the couple. Other ideas are gift cards to BBB, Target, Crate & Barrel, Kohls, etc.. the stores people typically register at. You could also give them a gift card to their favorite restaurant.

At our engagement party, we received a lot of bottles of wine and champagne, a few gift cards, picture frames, candles, and we even received some cash which I found surprising for an e-party. If you wanted to stick with a bottle of wine or champagne just bring it in a wine bottle gift bag or wrap it so the couple can enjoy it back at home together. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    A card and if you like put a gift card in it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards