Ohio-Columbus
Options

Ruh-row Reorge (Uh-oh George for those who are not fluent in Scooby Do)

One of my BMs just told me she is pregnant (yay!) so she will be about 4.5 months along when we get married (boo!).  Unfortunately, my BM dresses are from White House Black Market and you cannot buy them anymore so she can't just go back and buy a bigger size.  Now I have to try to find another dress for her that looks similar to the others, but most "maternity appropriate dresses" are chiffon and my BM dresses are satin.  I am just afraid she is going to stick out like a sore thumb. 

I know in the big scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.  But I can't help but to feel a tiny bit disappointed...  okay, end vent.
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Ruh-row Reorge (Uh-oh George for those who are not fluent in Scooby Do)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    could you get a satin one that is not form fitting

there is a picture of one in the satin dress and she does not look awful, i think it actually looks good and it keeps everyone looking the same.

Good luck :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    she shouldn't be too big at 4 1/2 months.  She may fit into her dress just fine with an alteration or two.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had that same "panic" thing happen to me recently... although you aren't really panicking... but just concerned :) There... concerned is a better word. haha Anyways, my one BM is prego right now but due in February. She should be okay, but will need to be careful about what size dress she orders. My other BM is trying to get pregnant... she told me this a couple months ago. Right now we are 8 months and 1 week from the wedding and I haven't heard if she is pregnant or not. I doubt it, but I think I can breathe easy now. I was just worried she would go into labor that day (or day before or something) and she would miss the wedding. Her hubby is also the Best Man, so it would have made me really sad if they couldn't be there! They are family, so it's just so important to FI and I that they share our special day with us. Obviously a baby is an awesome gift from God, so I guess the selfish side of me just wants them to wait a little while before they have another kiddo! 
    Good luck with your situation! I am sure you can find something that will work just fine. Like PP said, I bet she won't be too huge at 4.5 months so maybe she will be okay esp. if the original dresses are chiffon. It's a very forgiving material :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you call the corporate office of White House/Black Market, if she needs a bigger size they might be able to locate the dress in a bigger size! There is also a White House/ Black Market Outlet at Jeffersonville, I would look there!

If you cannot get the dress, maybe White House/ Black Market will allow you to buy or locate the fabric used in the other bridesmaids' dresses, and have a seamtress create a dress for your bridesmaid that looks exactly like the other bridesmaids! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards