Connecticut

Affordable Florists in West Hartford Area

Hello everyone, 
           I'm getting married October 26th at the Pond House Cafe and am looking for an affordable florist. I'm planning a wedding from Texas so it is hard for me to meet up with vendors. I grew up in CT and moved to Texas a few years ago so I'm familiar with the area. Any recommendations? Someone told me to try Stop and Shop as they are more affordable.

Also, is there a way to search the boards for keywords? Sorry, I'm new to this! :)

Thank you!

Joy

Re: Affordable Florists in West Hartford Area

• edited May 2012
    Welcome to the boards! At the very top of the website there is a search box. You should be able to type something in, hit "Go" and get some results. Once you're on the results page, if you click "Community" it should limit the results to just the message boards. 

There are two board favorites in terms of florists: Stylish Blooms and Just for You Florists.

I personally love Melissa who runs Stylish Blooms! She's super nice and very knowledgeable about her flowers. She was also very considerate of my budget. What might help you, is she posts pictures of different flowers with their names on her facebook page (clicky) so you can know what you're looking for and talking about even if you can't meet in person. 

Good luck! 
  • You can also search just the CT board by going to the bottom of the CT Board page and there is a search box and you can say 'Search Current Board'

I can't help with florist as I used someone personal, but I know the ones PP recommended are board favorites. 
  • id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Im useing sharon elizabeths
  • I am using Christine at Azalea Floral Designs.  She is absolutely fantastic and a pleasure to work with!

PS The Pond House is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_affordable-florists-in-west-hartford-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:ed5dc875-0393-4c6f-b90c-29ab3778a110Post:4ef375a8-fb51-4f77-9944-0ba9d94cca44">Re: Affordable Florists in West Hartford Area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome to the boards! At the very top of the website there is a search box. You should be able to type something in, hit "Go" and get some results. Once you're on the results page, if you click "Community" it should limit the results to just the message boards.  There are two board favorites in terms of florists:  Stylish Blooms  and  Just for You  Florists. I personally love Melissa who runs Stylish Blooms! She's super nice and very knowledgeable about her flowers. She was also very considerate of my budget. What might help you, is she posts pictures of different flowers with their names on  her facebook page  (clicky) so you can know what you're looking for and talking about even if you can't meet in person.  Good luck! 
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your info!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_affordable-florists-in-west-hartford-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:ed5dc875-0393-4c6f-b90c-29ab3778a110Post:e5fa3cdc-383b-4e78-ba54-56f2cca7a375">Re: Affordable Florists in West Hartford Area</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using Christine at Azalea Floral Designs.  She is absolutely fantastic and a pleasure to work with! PS The Pond House is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!!
    Posted by anathan5[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will try giving her a call.

It was hard picking a venue but I think we are going to be happy. Thanks again!
  • We are using faricellis flowers by ginger in west haven. They has all different packages at low costs if you're on a right budget. Or you can do you're own thing. The packages are only there to help you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would give Melissah a call at Stylish Blooms she will definately be able to help if she isn't booked, West Hartford isn't that far from her at all. Plus I know she has helped ALOT of out of town brides so she would be perfect! :)
  • I'm using the Flower Girl in Southington. I'm from West Hartford too, but she's great to work with and her prices were very reasonable, so it was worth the 20 minute drive.
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using Leah from It's So Ranunculus in Marlborough (30 min from WHartford).  She's energetic, affordable, and creative.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone! I've spoken with Stylish Blooms and am waiting for a quote from Azalea Floral Designs as well. Maybe I will check with one more.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards