Plus-Sized

So excited!

About a month ago, I went on a whim and bought a new with tags wedding dress from someone off of an online garage sale on Facebook.  I tried it on, and it was snug in the girls.  I mean..snug like wouldn't zip up. Yesterday, my bridesmaids were over and made me try it on again.  I felt nervous because I wasn't convinced it would zip half way or less!  To my surprise..it zipped ALL THE WAY!  I was almost in tears.  Granted, I have 10 months to lose more weight, but now my concern is if I get down a couple sizes, will that affect how much my dress can be altered?  I always assumed altering down would be easy, but now I'm worried!
Right now its a size 18.  My goal would be to a size 16 or 14. 
If I need to buy a new dress, it's really not a money issue because I only spent $80 on this one.  I LOVE this one though.  Anyone have an advice?

Re: So excited!

• edited November 2012
    Congratulations!

I think that a good seamstress should be able to alter the dress to be one or two sizes smaller (more than two sizes gets tricky). See what other people have to say here about this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with the above post, check with a seamstress and she/he will be able to tell you how much they can do with the dress.  Usually a dress can go down or up 2 sizes but it also depends on the dress itself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was told my dress (simple natural waist ball gown) could be taken in up to 5 sizes if need be and out 1 or 1.5 if absolutely necessary. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards