Ohio-Northeast
Options

Need Catering Ideas!!!

We are getting married on a farm next June in Louisville, Ohio.  The reception is going to be in a rennovated barn.  We are a little stumped on what to do for a caterer.  We don't want a formal sit down dinner, but we also don't want paper plates.  My fiance and I are foodies so we want creative food, local ingredients, things like that.  We are totally OK with a cookout/family style concept we just want to take it up a few notches.  The only company that we found that we have loved is Marigold and unfortunately they were going to completely blow our budget.  We live in Cleveland and the location is about an hour away, so we are also finding that we are being charged for the distance, so if we could find someone in the Akron/Canton area that would be great!  Any and all suggestions would be greatly apprciated.

Re: Need Catering Ideas!!!

• Options
    sodawsonsodawson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also getting married at Brookside next year (Sept). We're leaning towards BBQ but here are some of the suggestions we've gotten along the way: Spice of Life Caterers (Cuyahoga Falls), Totally Cooked (Cuyahoga Falls), Canton Club, Mustard Seed Market (Akron), A Taste of Excellence (Strongsville). Also Old Carolina BBQ has an option to add china and table service which I think sounds like the best of both worlds (and they are SO cheap!) Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would also suggest old Carolina for a bbq reception. great food, and inexpensive. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards