Moms and Maids
Options

so..do the moms and maids actually post? (intro!)

Hello everyone! My name's Maggie - I am a Nestie (former Knottie) who got married in July 2010 ... and now my best friend is getting married and I'm super psyched to be back in wedding world!!! :)

Do bridesmaids/MOHs and moms actually post on here, or is it mostly brides posting about their moms and maid problems? Just wondering!
Anniversary
Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

Re: so..do the moms and maids actually post? (intro!)

• Options
    zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mostly brides b!tching about their maids, but occassionally a mom will post here
    b!tching about her psycho bridezilla daughter or the psycho bridezilla her son is planning to marry.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_sodo-moms-maids-actually-post-intro?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:a99264e4-4c44-426e-9743-a284f57e1657Post:27d09e24-20b1-4ff2-a9ef-4ab4923466fe">Re: so..do the moms and maids actually post? (intro!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mostly brides b!tching about their maids, but occassionally a mom will post here b!tching about her psycho bridezilla daughter or the psycho bridezilla her son is planning to marry.
    Posted by zitiqueen[/QUOTE]

Bahaha that's what I figured....sad day!
    Anniversary
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sure is sad.

When I first joined, there were quite a few MOB/MOG who posted on this board. It was a great place to share ideas with other moms and gain perspective from the brides who posted.

Now, it's mostly brides b#tch#ng about the dress that their mom or FMIL chose for the wedding, or their MOH isn't fulfilling some imaginary list of duties.

• Options
    steffenfamsteffenfam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a MOB.  I joined The Knot a couple of years ago when I was helping my first daughter plan her wedding.  Now I'm back helping my second daughter's wedding.  I love reading the posts - some are HIGHLY entertaining! - and some are very informational.  I occasionally give out my sage advice, although sometimes it's not wanted since I'm not a bride.  Oh, and the Etiquette Police hate me, because I think some traditions/rules are either outdated or unnecessary!
  • Options
    nlindsay17nlindsay17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto steffen. I joined a couple years ago when my oldest daughter was getting married. Now I'm back for my youngest daughter's wedding. I also find it entertaining and sometimes very useful. This DD is doing a lot of DIY so that board has been very helpful. Welcome back OP!
  • Options
    kaitlyn&henrykaitlyn&henry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish we would get posts other than....help, BM dilemma (which boils down to multiple versions of the same problem: asking bms too soon and wanting to kick them out of the wp) and "BM is pregnant and im so mad"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    MOB here.  I came here planning for my daughters wedding two years ago and never left.  I miss some of my other MOB friends who used to post.  Why do I stay?  I guess I think that I bring a mom view...minus the zilla.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Another MOB - been through 3 DDs weddings on the knot.  1 left to go.
  • Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another former MOB here! My daughter got married in Feb and I still check out the boards from time to time. I also check out our local board to see whose wedding is coming up. I love to see pictures. I don't post very often because I am not actively helping to plan a wedding, but I do miss it. My daughter and I had so much fun. Neither of us had "zilla" attached to our role as bride and MOB. She is my only daughter so my wedding planning is over unless my son decides to marry a girl who will let me be involved just a little. I had so much fun being a MOB, that I keep telling my daughter I want to start a "Rent a MOB" service for all those brides who need a mother to help them and don't have one for whatever reason. I will just go dress shopping and oooh and aahh over the dresses along with other MOB duties!
  • Options
    bridalmommabridalmomma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree with djann958!!! I have had so much fun being the MOB, I'm going to miss it when it's over.
    I am a first time MOB (only daughter) and I'm having a blast. Lucky for me, DD & FI are both in grad school so they are letting me come up with all the ideas & the looking and planning... then they choose what they like! My DD & I have very simular taste so most of it has been exactly what she/they have wanted. Nice to hear I'm not the only MOB/MOG reading these boards!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think both. Now that I am planning my wedding, I post about moms and maids stuff, but earlier this year my sister and my friend got married and and I was on here asking questions about that too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards