May 2012 Weddings
Options

Married & Advice!

H and I got married on Saturday. I'm SO glad we didn't leave for our honeymoon right away (cruising in August), as I'm still recovering. Yesterday, we both napped on and off all day. He had to go back to work today. I don't start my new job for another two weeks so I spent most of today just lounging around.

Here's the public link to pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151720956815045.857489.687940044&type=1&l=33c3eb4ce9

Hopefully the link works!

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. The weather was 78 and sunny and as far as I know, nothing went wrong. It was exactly like I envisioned it. We greeted everyone in our receiving line after the ceremony. I was still able to talk to most people (150 guests) throughout the night, while also getting plenty of dancing in!

As far as advice:

I totally agree with what everyone else has said so far: don't stress because things will work themselves out, take time with your husband to take it all in, etc.

If you're feeling a little nervous before the reception, do something fun to de-stress. The BM's and I were getting ready in the big library in the church. We decided to put on some music and dance around like fools. It really helped me to calm down.

Also, I thought for sure I would bawl my eyes out. By some miracle, I didn't cry at all. My sister (also my MOH) was telling me inappropriate jokes right before I walked down the aisle, so anytime the tears started coming I would think of what she said.

However, just in case, my sister had all the girls and I stick a tissue down the front of our dresses in case the water works did start. I know several of the BM's used them.

Good luck to those of you with upcoming weddings and thank you guys for making me feel welcome even though I haven't posted too much!

Re: Married & Advice!

• Options
    Congrats!  Good advice, I just told my maid of honor she has 2 new jobs... play fun music and know dirty jokes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    269 Invited image RSVP Date: April 28th
    191 Ready to Party! image
    77 Missing Out image
    2 Making Me Crazy! image
  • Options
    Those pictures are beautiful! Looks like you had a great time!  And by the way, THANK YOU for keeping your maiden name in your new Facebook name.  My biggest pet peev on Facebook is when somebody is so excited about getting married they change their last name and completely nix their maiden name.  The day after their wedding you suddenly can never find them on Facebook ever again!
    May 2012 Nesties March Siggy Challenge: Furbabies imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations! Great advice.
  • Options
    Congrats and love the pics!
  • Options
    Omg! I love your cake! I'm a huge phillies phan! Congrats! Pics are amazing!
  • Options
    Oh! A fellow Philly bride! Congrats! Where did you get married? You look beautiful!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congratulations! I thought the same thing about crying, so my MOH had tissues in her dress... well as I'm walking up the aisle ready to cry I look at my daughter (flower girl) and her nose is running down to her chin, yuck! Needless to say, I didn't cry, and we needed those tissues after all!! 
    PS- The banners on the car are so cute! 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I'm a little reluctant to give up my maiden name, so there was no way I was giving it up completely on facebook!

We wanted to make sure we had personal touches in our wedding, hence the Phanatic cake (if you haven't guessed, we're both HUGE Phillies fans). What you can't see is that we also named all of our tables after Bruce Springsteen songs since he is our favorite artist.

tdmaus: We live in the western suburbs now, but we both grew up around Harrisburg so that's where we got married!
  • Options
    Congrats - your pics are so beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards