Plus-Sized
Options

Reception dress?

are any of you changing into a reception dress?  I'm having some dress regret.. and was thinking maybe I would feel better if I got a super fabulous blingy reception dress. Maybe something shorter with lots of sparkle.  But, I haven't really seen any really cute ones anywhere. 

Any suggestions?

Re: Reception dress?

• Options
    too cute! i think it is a fun idea
    my FI asked if i was going to change - I think i have forced him to watch to many wedding shows! i asked who is paying for that ??? i am paying over 1k for a dress to wear it for a few hours... so i am wearing that baby all night!

my reception ends @ 9:30 sooooooo I might get a after hours dress not sure....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Options

I am thinking about getting an outfit to wear when we leave the reception.  I don't want to climb into my SUV in my wedding dress.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_reception-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:7b42c5e7-3053-40b9-a775-8bd69f9c7329Post:2bf30b0c-e3cf-49f5-8133-19c4258d4afd">Re: Reception dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]too cute! i think it is a fun idea my FI asked if i was going to change - I think i have forced him to watch to many wedding shows! i asked who is paying for that ??? <strong>i am paying over 1k for a dress to wear it for a few</strong> <strong>hours... so i am wearing that baby all night!</strong> my reception ends @ 9:30 sooooooo I might get a after hours dress not sure....
    Posted by EastSideBlonde[/QUOTE]

I'm with you!  My reception ends at midnight... for what I paid for it, I am wearing my dress right up until the last guest leaves.  I do have a cute short white dress to change into right before I leave, and will wear to our breakfast the following morning.  I couldn't see spending the money for another dress to wear for a few hours.  BUT... if I could afford it... I definately would!!!
  • Options
    LOL I'm with you guys too. I paid $1100.00 for my dress, when my original "budget" or hope was that I'd get a dress for about $600.00.   I still probably have a couple hundred dollars to go for alterations.  We are on a budget, for sure... but, since I'm having such dress regret... I thought maybe I could find a cute blingy cocktail/reception dress for a few hundred dollars. Which would be cheaper than buying another new wedding gown !
  • Options
    Our reception ends at 4pm so I may get something to wear out later that night!! You girls got me excited about shopping!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I think it sounds like a good way to compromise your dress regret and buying a whole new wedding dress. I'm not doing that but I'm on a tight budget and I LOVE my wedding dress so it's win-win for me. If I could wear it more than one day, I probably would! It's the reason it lives at my sister's place; I'd totally try it on probably once a week if it was in our house!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards