Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

unique wedding reception ideas in new orleans

hey ya'll! im just beginning my wedding planning process and would like a unique wedding reception venue. the key is it has to be in new orleans and have the unique new orleans vibe. i've looked at several places but are all over budget. please help me out!

Re: unique wedding reception ideas in new orleans

• Options
    ksmith6184ksmith6184 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     hey ya'll! im just beginning my wedding planning process and would like a unique wedding reception venue. the key is it has to be in new orleans and have the unique new orleans vibe. i've looked at several places but are all over budget. please help me out!
  • Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! You'd probably be better off posting this on your local NO board. You can find it in the side menu under "Local Wedding Boards."
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    hh3073ahh3073a member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    depending on your size, there are some places that might fit into your budget.

are you committed to the French Quarter? we checked out a bunch of places there before going with the Steamboat Natchez (it's stupid expensive, but it's gonna be awesome).

Arnaud's is right on Bourbon St and can accomodate groups of almost any size. Their pricing was quite reasonable. Most of their space is indoor (although there is balcony access).
    Also check out Bourbon Vieux (it's a holding company with multiple locations at various prices).
    We looked into Broussard's and Cafe Amelie because we loved their courtyards, but their service was not great. We're out of towners doing a destination wedding, so we needed someone who was going to be responsive.
    Although we didn't check it out because it didn't quite fit our style, I've heard amazing things about the Audubon Tea Room.

Good luck!
  • Options
    phunluvin82phunluvin82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really depends on your budget and how many people you need it to accommodate...can you give us some more info?  I'm using Elms Mansion on St. Charles, I also hear good things about Maison Dupuy...these 2 come to mind as having a "New Orleans vibe".  However, there are sooooooo many options for venues...do you want indoor?  outdoor? Do you want to stay in the French Quarter?
  • Options
    phunluvin82phunluvin82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

p.s. for very budget friendly, I've also heard Musee Conti and Rosy's...

• Options
    kwasikkwasik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine is having an  event at Race & Religious in the garden district. Not sure what the price is though.

http://www.raceandreligious.com/events.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards