Honeymoon Discussions
Options

How early did you book?

My wedding isn't until January 28th, 2012. But after looking around just to get some ideas it seems its a lot cheaper to book now. Did anyone else book over a year and a half out?

Re: How early did you book?

• Options
    You can't book airfare more then a year out.  

Do you know where you want to go?

I have looked around at get ideas, but we haven't booked anything for our Aug 2011 HM.  

If I were you I would look around, talk to people, decide where you want to go for sure then book a little closer.  
  • Options
    most airlines won't let you book more than 10 months out...

we booked in august of 09 for our May 2010 wedding...we got a great deal.  I'd be a little uncomfortable booking that far out.  What if you change your mind about where you want to go? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is not too far away from yours- February 2012. I think the best thing to do is look around to get some ideas and wait a while to book. It seems way too soon to put money down on anything. A lot can change in a year to a year and a half.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would definitely wait a while to book. As pp's said, you can only book about a year in advance anyways. Plus you may change your mind about something.

We know where we want to go, so we'll probably searching for deals about 6 months before.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think airfare is going to be more expensive if you book too far in advance, and as PPs said you can't buy tickets more than 10mo to a year ahead of time.  Airfare can often be one of the most expensive (and price fluctuating) parts of your trip, so I wouldn't book anything until you know how much airfare will cost. 
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • Options
    Yeah, some airlines will let you book a year out, but many others won't. You've got plenty of time!
  • Options
    Instead of booking, just keep an eye on airfares and prices to where you want to go. With that much time to go, you can see what the prices fluctuate around so you can see what the very lowest fare wil be and then wait for that one.
    September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Picture Of Your Engagement Ring
    From Wedding Website Slide Show
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Website
  • Options
    We don't plan on flying. FI refuses to fly. We want to go on a cruise. And the port is only 3 hrs from our house, so we would drive there.
  • Options
    I would not book a cruise this far out, in my experience the price could potentially drop at lot. Plus you could change your mind. Also- you never know what could happen between now and then, take the oil spill in the gulf for instance....
  • Options
    We booked in May of 2009 for our June 2010 wedding and HM. We were able to lock in 2009 pricing and get the villa we wanted before it was booked up. As pp's mentioned you can't book flights that early out, but you can reserve the room/villa you want especially if there aren't many and are in high demand. HTH!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_early-did-book?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:3050c8d0-c195-4133-859e-731f2329f4dfPost:8ebf0368-9b4f-4e0c-a05a-574498d4625e">Re: How early did you book?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would not book a cruise this far out, in my experience the price could potentially drop at lot. Plus you could change your mind. Also- you never know what could happen between now and then, take the oil spill in the gulf for instance....
    Posted by Ginabean2011[/QUOTE]

When the price drops they will use the difference in price as on-board credit. This happened to me and FI when we went on a cruise last fall. The price dropped so much leading up to the cruise that we had almost $500 in on-board credit. It was amazing! We were able to get all our excursions and most of our alcohol and pictures on board for free! Just make sure you watch the price, and call in whenever you see a drop. HTH!
  • Options
    i like to book as early as possible. i get the stateroom i want and it's all done. keep an eye on the price-if it goes down call and get a credit or onboard credit.

• Options
    For a cruise.. the further out you book out the better.  You get a better cabin selection to choose from and our travel agent checked our booking for price reductions every day up until we left so our cruise ended up being at least $800 cheaper than the day we booked.  We have gone on cruises for dirt cheap thanks to my TA.
    **Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards