Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

bouquet question

Has ANYONE ever gone down the aisle without a bouquet??  IF so, what alternatives were done?  I'm trying to think outside the box because it's my favorite place to be sometimes

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: bouquet question

• I don't know that I've ever seen it done, but it seems like you could use a Bible, or a candle, or if someone is walking you down the aisle, you could hold their hand/arm or something.
  • I have see posts that noted a fan, flowers arranged other than bouquet ( the pomander sp? balls or loose across the arm), lanterns...
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • A parasol?
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My mom walked down holding a bible with an orchid and a long strem of ribbon coming form it. It looked beautiful.
  • My grandma carried a Bible back in the day. I've also heard of bottles of wine, fans, parasols, lanterns...
  • sierraberry32sierraberry32 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I have seen a bride carry a candle down the isle, they used it for the unity candle!
    ~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~
  • Of course, many people have walked down the aisle without a bouquet.  A Bible (or other book of scriptures), favorite book, button bouquet, a furr muff (winter wedding), and single flower are among the items brides carry as an alternative to the floral bouquet.

If you google "wedding bouquet alternatives," you will find a TON of suggestions.  Have you tried that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards