Moms and Maids

Gift for bridesmaid

Hey ladies,
I was just looking for advice on what to give one of my bridesmaids. I noticed on previous posts that several posters have mentioned to shop for your attendants' gifts separately and treat it as a birthday or christmas gift, which is very sound advice.

Now, one of my bridesmaids, my older sister, is pregnant. She actually just told me today  that she's having twin girls, and she's supposed to be due August 1 (a little over a month after my wedding). So, for her gift, should I give her something baby related? I know she's going to need double the amount of baby stuff she would need, as these are her first babies. Or should I look for something for just her to enjoy?
Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

Re: Gift for bridesmaid

• The babies will get plenty of gifts when they are born. This is a gift for HER.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_gift-for-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:50252317-9146-409e-a749-12004de9e6d0Post:41c69e78-6b56-4203-8a71-bb34f04a932f">Re: Gift for bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]The babies will get plenty of gifts when they are born. This is a gift for HER.
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

True. I think I'll look for something for my sister, thanks!

• What about a spa related gift..like a gift certificate for a massage especially for expecting moms? I don't know if that would work 1 month out for a woman expecting twins but perhaps you can give it to her early as a "thank you" along the way! I was the MOH in a friend's wedding and she sent me a spa gift certificate for a place near my home (I was over an hour from her) and it was the sweetest gesture.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_gift-for-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:50252317-9146-409e-a749-12004de9e6d0Post:7e08672e-6ca1-47f0-b009-a4db16650bd3">Re: Gift for bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]Be sure she likes that, though. Not everyone wants to get massages.  Some folks just aren't comfortable being touched by a stranger.  I'm not, and there's a teacher on here who feels the same.  She's given away a boatload of spa gift cards.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Very true. However, my sister does like massages. I just don't know how comfortable she'd be being 8 months pregnant. I guess I'll have to gather ideas on what to get all my bridesmiads actually.

• Give the spa gift certificate to your sister early. It can still be an MOH gift and I'm sure she'll appreciate it before the 8 months. If its a general monetary amount and not a prenatal massage gift card, she can also save it for after the babies arrive and use it for whatever service she wants.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards