Pre-wedding Parties

Engagement Gifts

I have a couple of engagement parties coming up.  Any ideas for reasonably priced gifts?  Thanks!

Re: Engagement Gifts

• quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My understanding is that engagement gifts are typically along the lines of a bottle of wine or a plant or something like that.  Maybe a cute vase.  (I have never actually been to an engagement party.)
    Married 10/2/10
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think gifts are necessary.  They will have plenty of time to get gifts at the shower/wedding.  I've never brought one.  I have, however, brought a bottle of wine to the hostess!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

from what i've heard, they're not typically expected (or, required even). but that's been my experience.

however, when my very good friend got engaged, i did buy her a wedding planning kit (book with notebooks and all that stuff), along with a card.

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I usually just get the couple a card and a nice bottle of wine or champagne. HTH!
  • edited December 2011

A bottle of wine and a card or something else that you know the couple would appreciate.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards