Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Wedding Photographer

Hello fellow brides! I need some advice.  I recently got engaged (last week!) and right now am in the very early stages of planning our wedding.  We're trying to keep costs down, and one of my ideas is to ask my fiance's sister in law to be our wedding photographer.  She does it as a hobby, but is looking to go more professional.  We went on vacation with her and her pictures came out beautiful from our trip.  Do you think it's too much to ask for her to be our photographer? I would be willing to pay her, but I just don't know if it's asking too much.  I've been with my fiance for 5 years and was a bridesmaid in her wedding, but because I have sisters I'm not having her in mine.  I think this is a nice way to have her get involved, but like I said, do you think it's too much to ask?

Re: Wedding Photographer

• I think it's a bad idea for a couple of reasons.  First, photographing landscapes and taking vacation pictures is not the same as photographing a wedding.  Not by a longshot. 

If you're willing to pay your future SIL, my advice is to just spend a little more and get a real wedding photographer.  There are other places to save money--this shouldn't be where you try and skimp.  Let your future SIL enjoy the day with her husband, not  taking pictures.

If you do decide to go this route, your FI should be the one doing the asking.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards