Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Leaving the Reception

We are having some difficulty coming up with ideas for our exit from the reception.  We are getting married at a Hilton Hotel.  The ceremony is outside of the hotel on this nice dock and the reception is at a ballroom inside of the hotel.  A couple hours after the reception, we are going out to celebrate that night with the young adult guests.  We are staying the night at the hotel and I feel completely silly "faking" an exit at the front door just to circle the block and come back.  Does anyone have any ideas of something we can do inside the reception hall?  Any help would be amazing!

The poll has a few of the ideas that my fiance came up with.

Re: Leaving the Reception

• Options
    Actually, I think you should exit your reception location- head to your honeymoon suite, enjoy some time alone with your husband, and then rejoin the group
  • Options
    I am not a big fan of "THE" exit anyway.

What about crackers? the tubes you pull apart and they are full of confetti and such, usually on Christmas or Halloween? You could get the feel of a big bunch of sparklers or bubbles but it could stay in the ballroom and avoid a pseudo sendoff. It shouldn't be too hard to coordinate if you do it after the last song or something. 

Heres a link, there are also DYI instructions on google if you're down.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't understand why there has to be something. I agree that a fake exit would be silly but I don't really know why you need something else honestly.  
  • Options
    I agree with others that it might be better to just skip the grand exit.  

Or just let people clap and wave.
  • Options
    Everyone should line up and give the bride and groom a high five! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards