Hawaii
Options

Mama's Fish House Question

Hi all!

We are staying on Maui for our entire Honeymoon but we'll be on either South Maui or West Maui for the majority of the trip. We're going to Hana the morning after the wedding and doing the road to hana trip. 

We're going to be passing Mama's Fish House on the way back from Hana around 2:00-3:00 in the afternoon. Is that too early for a good meal at Mama's or should we make it a point to go back for a dinner? I'm not sure it will be convenient any other time, but if it's as good as I've heard then convenience isn't the biggest priority :)

Just wanted to make a reservation.

Thanks!

Re: Mama's Fish House Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well... I guess the question is: is that too early (or late) for you for a meal? I could take having a late lunch at that time, but something that early couldn't serve as dinner for me.

Is it even open for lunch at 3? I know a lot of restaurants take a break between lunch and dinner...
  • Options
    fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you can do it on the way there for an early lunch (or brunch) instead?  

Or if it's too early on the way back, you could always go to Kahului for some shopping or else hang out in Paia to kill some time before going go back to Mama's for an early-ish dinner.  There should be plenty of ways to delay dinner by an hour or two, unless you're in a hurry to get back to the South/West.  HTH!  :)

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah they have a lunch menu and it's open for lunch then. It looks like they close from 3:00-4:00. I just wasn't sure if it was worth to wait and go back for the dinner menu instead :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had lunch there so I can't compare directly, but their dinner menu wasn't anything too spectacular that I would intentionally plan my day around it. The food definitely wasn't bad, it just wasn't what we had expected given the hype. I say go when the timing works for you!
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll be fine going there for a late lunch. Lunch is cheaper than dinner, which is a plus. Make sure to ask for a window seat when you make your reservation. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you can go there for lunch and the prices are less then I'd do it, but I won't eat there again.  We had our "rehearsal" dinner there and the food was very good, but not worth it for what they charge.  Honestly I think over $40 for an entree is outragious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alright, thanks everyone for the suggestions. Made a reservation for 2:00 so we'll still get the lunch menu :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards