Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Inviting the officiant

I’m about to send out invites and I was wondering about how to invite the officiant and his wife. We are using Rev. Mark from A Simple Vow. I don’t know if it’s just assumed that they are invited, or do I need to send them an official invite in the mail? If so, do I call them and get their home address? I assume I mail them something as we need to know what entree they want to eat. Any helpful advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inviting the officiant

• We have a bit of a different situation since our Priest is a good friend of ours, so it was a no brainer that we would invite him to the reception and send a formal invite. But for your case, I'm not sure what the "proper ettiquette" is, but I think that if you feel like you should invite him then you probably should. I would just call and ask them for their address and send them a formal invitation. 
  • I would suggest maybe posting this in the Etiquette forum also Smile
    PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We invited our officiant and his wife. We just sent the inviation to the church. They didn't end up coming but were at least invited.
  • Update:  I messaged them and she happily gave me their address.  I figure she knew why I was asking so I didn't even give a reason.

Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would definitely ask them. We are using them too but they could not make our rehearsal dinner because they have another rehearsal meeting to go to. We just asked them at one of our meetings to see if we should send an invite.They are super relaxed; it was not awkward.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards