Texas-Austin

XP: Veils

Where did you get your veil if you didn't get it through your bridal shop? 

If you did get yours through your bridal shop, were the prices reasonable? 
118 image
Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!

Re: XP: Veils

• edited December 2011
    i got mine on ebay, because it's a cathedral lenght provonias veil with lace and beading (and at full price it would have been more than my gown).  but it was the wrong color.  geri at alexia gavela saved me and died it the color it needed to be to perfectly match my dress.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend gave me 2 because she had made them for a fellow nestie, but they ended up not wanting them. I am using the elbow length one, but I have a cathedral one I won't be using, if that's what you are looking for. You can find them on Etsy as well as shops. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    i got mine where i bought my dress...it is elbow length and was 99
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine on Etsy from Debbie with The Turnbulls shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/theturnbulls. The veil I wanted was about $500 at the dress shop (um, no).  She's doing a simple cathedral veil with some embroidery and attaching some extra decorations I had left over from dress alterations for less than $100 (with shipping!)  I highly recommend her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine off Etsy as well from Arbie with LondonXOX. I paid $65 and had her recreate what I wanted from a photo...a short two layer veil. She's great and the veil is beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought mine online...weddingveil.com..Its a ballet length mantilla veil, and I paid 156.00 for it...The bridal store where I purchased my gown wanted to charge me 405.00 for the same veil!  That price even included a 15% discount!  Online gives you more options...However you run the risk of not liking it since you can't try it on until you get it.  But my experience was great, and I'd highly recommend it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards