Hawaii
Options

Hotel Receptions in Maui

I am helping a friend witih venue research for a destination wedding in Maui.  Does anyone have any recommendations on popular hotels in Maui for a reception?  Any recommendations/suggestions would be great! 

Thank you!

Re: Hotel Receptions in Maui

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you share some details on what she might be looking for?  The range can be huge, starting with the Fairmont or Grand Wailea at the uber high end.  Depending on size, feel, indoor/outdorr, budget, etc I'm sure you will get more helpful information.

We had looked at the following, ranging from most affordable to most expensive:

Makena Beach
    Westin Kaanapali Villas (best housing option for guests!)
    Marriott Wailea
    Four Seasons
    Fairmont Kea Lani
    Grand Wailea

One thing to consider is any food/bev minimums to use premium space, as well as how much privacy you get in exchange (eg, renting out a restaurant v. lawn next to a public walkway, etc)
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Tanq, there are so many options, but they are all in different price ranges.  Another thing you need to consider with the resorts is the packages that you must pick from.  That is what turned me off from a resort wedding is that I wanted to have some control over who we used for a photog, etc.. For the most part, they don't include a meal in the packages and are pretty pricey to just get married and not have the reception dinner covered in it. 

But, it really all depends on your price range as to what you can have/do. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Four Seasons!!! I was seriously considering the FS until I found this board actually.  They are great...they respond very quickly and best of all they only have one wedding a day no mater how big or small it is.  Mos def my first pick for a resort wedding.  HTH! J. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for all the great suggestions!!  My friend is looking at all options currently - outdoor, hotels and restaurants.  From there, she will narrow it down based on her budget.  I will pass the message along to her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards