South Asian Weddings

Bangle Basket

Ok lovely ladies, I need your creative help.

When I went to India, I bought bangles in wholesale lots with the intent to give them out during the wedding ceremony. I've tied them up into little sets of multicolors with a little bow and have them in a basket.

Here's where I need your help...I want to put a sign out to let people know to take them. But neither FI or I can think of a cute way to say it other than "Please take a set of bangles and enjoy!"

Any fun ways to let people know that the bangles are there for the taking?
ExerciseMilestone

Re: Bangle Basket

• edited December 2011
    oooh i was going to give out bangles at my mehndi! where did you buy the bangles in wholesale lots in india? i'm going to india in december so i'd like to get them there!

and i'm sooo not creative...i'll think about it and see if i can think of something cute! great idea though! =)
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do like the "Please take a set of bangles and enjoy."

I went to a mehendi party where they were in a similar type basket and the host made an announcement to take one for attending.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    @Merene: I bought them from the town my dad is from in Gujarat - Anand. I asked my friends there where I could buy them in wholesale (funny how that word is the same in Gujarati) and they asked around in some of the shops and they told us where to go.  I am sure you could do the same where ever your family is, too.

@KP - Thanks. We are stumped on finding a creative way to say it, but it does get to the point. I think we'll have the venue place the bangle basket next to the basket with the programs.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    How did you bring them all back without breaking them? Did you pack and ship them? Or just bring them back in your suitcases?
  • edited December 2011
    They are metal so I left them wrapped the way they were in the plastic and then wrapped them in my clothes (tshirts, dupattas, etc) for extra padding. Then I shoved them in between other layers of clothing for even more padding.

Funny but true - I think the majority of the weight from my bag came from bangles. Not only did I buy the wholesale ones, but each outfit or sari I bought had a special matching set "made"...I bought a total of 4 saris and 5 chudidars, so that was A LOT of bangles!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_bangle-basket?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:498237a5-7d3e-4499-a842-55bca26c5b63Post:c3b4cbf7-ccbe-4703-b368-1d8668628769">Re: Bangle Basket</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did you bring them all back without breaking them? 
    Posted by merene36[/QUOTE]

They are usually packed in a box and if they are metal you'll have less of a worry of them breaking!  I went with metal.

I had this at my sangeet night.  we actually had a basket of bangles and bindis...we placed them near the Mendhi lady so when people go their mendhi done they just picked up their 'favours'...we didn't have a sign.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards