40-Plus Brides
Options

Tissue Flowers PIP - good laugh

OK...here they are.  This flower is 8x12 and way to big.  Also, standard floral wire will not keep them standing. 

Original - fake - I think I'm going to spend the $$

smaller

in bottle

thought I'd like this color combo - orange & white confetti.  I don't.

The smaller they are, the harder it is to work with.  The bigger they are, easier to make. 

So, do I go with the fake or the paper?  I still need to get bamboo or something stronger than floral wire to hold them up.  OK, gimme the opinions!

Oh and if your considering doing these or the poms - don't get dollar store tissue - I bought a good quality pack from a hobby store and dollar tissue.  Dollar tears and rips very easily.  :(
Created by Wedding Favors

Re: Tissue Flowers PIP - good laugh

• Options
    more to come...i'm not ready to give up!
  • Options
    I think they are fine!
  • Options

none are real.  The only fake one is the very 1st one. 

• Options
    I kind of like them.  The orange looks better on it's own.  How would it look to have both an orange and a while in the bottle?  Not combined in one flower but in multiple flowers.  Just a thought--you may be just going for the one flower look.  AND, don't forget the shaker of salt.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2011

I'm not sure what I'm doing, at the moment.  I don't know if  I should do the orange that's there and see if I can find a lighter shade of orange to go with?

I do know I'm adding a shells on wire with at least one flower.  Etsy Crack, again.

• Options
    I think they are all cute, but I like the look of the orange one best. The white and orange is really cute, but I think the all orange is much brighter.  Plus, you'll get a lighter color when you add a shell on a stick.

Are you putting anything around the bottom of the bottle?  Other than the salt!?!?!  : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are you sure you can't get real? I can get them all year long in PA and the price doesn't seem to go up (at least not noticeably) at any time of the year. I'm  not a fan of the tissue paper ones. I wouldn't have said anything, but you did ask for opinions so I assume you want real opinions, not just a pat on the head. They remind me of something you'd see at a kid's party.

If you can't get real, I'd go with the fake. But if it were me, I'd explore ways to get real.
  • Options

I'm checking out the florist today - shells, not sure yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards