Snarky Brides

Where's Everyone?

Lunch was Lean Cuisine Pot Stickers and pretzels. Someone brought in cupcakes, so I'm avoiding the kitchen. I hate it when people bring in stuff like that when I'm trying to lose weight.

My son got a new job, so he's spending my money again. He needs new boots, yay!

What's everyone else doing?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Where's Everyone?

• Hey Kd!  I started eating better yesterday and we had a potluck today.  FAIL.  I did good for myself though, I didn't get seconds and I haven't gone back in the kitchen yet.  I also scrapped the buffalo chicken dip I signed up to bring and made black bean avocado hummus instead and it was a hit!  :) 

I should now be working except now I'm making birthday party plans for J's birthday next month.  I have a million ideas that I want to go out and start making like right now! 
  • Hello! I am here. My lunch was BBQ. I am trying to get work done bc i will be in a conference all week next week but, it isn't working. I am bored and do not want to work.

How were the pot stickers? I am going to get frozen dinners tonight so i need some good options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wheres-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26578f5b-9129-4251-be6b-5dfb242e8540Post:56122c19-3feb-46a2-8b32-4570b68e0f31">Re: Where's Everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Kd!  I started eating better yesterday and we had a potluck today.  FAIL.  I did good for myself though, I didn't get seconds and I haven't gone back in the kitchen yet.  I also scrapped the buffalo chicken dip I signed up to bring and made black bean avocado hummus instead and it was a hit!  :)  I should now be working except now I'm making birthday party plans for J's birthday next month.  I have a million ideas that I want to go out and start making like right now! 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Hey Stacks! How bout you share that recipe? ;)

How old is J going to be now? And what are your plans?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wheres-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26578f5b-9129-4251-be6b-5dfb242e8540Post:e7c37d40-c70c-4f47-bdc9-78849851044a">Re: Where's Everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I am here. My lunch was BBQ. I am trying to get work done bc i will be in a conference all week next week but, it isn't working. I am bored and do not want to work. How were the pot stickers? I am going to get frozen dinners tonight so i need some good options.
    Posted by afeliz79[/QUOTE]

Afez- Yes, this is your new name. I'm kind of stuck on the new steamer bags, they are delish.
    <a href="http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/Sublines/MarketCollection.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/Sublines/MarketCollection.aspx</a>
  • I just ate the crap out of a can of Spaghetti-O's. Also I feel like crap and need a nap.
    June 16, 2012
  • I'm with KD in wishing for Stacks recipe. It never occurred to me you could make hummus. I thought I could only buy hummus.

I had half a pizza from Schlotzky's. And am enjoying a huge iced tea.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wheres-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26578f5b-9129-4251-be6b-5dfb242e8540Post:e771ed96-e1e3-4f56-bf89-cb8044708e52">Re: Where's Everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just ate the crap out of a can of Spaghetti-O's. Also I feel like crap and need a nap.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

Now I want Spaghetti-O's, darn you Acapone!

Why do you feel bad?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wheres-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:26578f5b-9129-4251-be6b-5dfb242e8540Post:003f99da-529b-40aa-a350-9025746d310a">Re: Where's Everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's Everyone? : Now I want Spaghetti-O's, darn you Acapone! Why do you feel bad?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Either really bad allergies or a cold. Also not enough sleep and I did my long run yesterday and my body is very, very sore.

Spaghetti-O's...hot or cold?
    My sister eats them cold and I'm convinced no one else in the world does.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wheres-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26578f5b-9129-4251-be6b-5dfb242e8540Post:97a05af5-0e73-4b2b-b462-5c18226c19de">Re: Where's Everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where's Everyone? : Either really bad allergies or a cold. Also not enough sleep and I did my long run yesterday and my body is very, very sore. Spaghetti-O's...hot or cold? My sister eats them cold and I'm convinced no one else in the world does.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

I have to admit, I'm pretty sure it's been 10-15 years since I've had Spaghetti-O's, and cold is just nasty.

Sorry, my allergies have been reeking havoc on me for a few weeks now. Clarin-D and my Nasonex are my BFF's. Feel better!
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Sorry, I disappeared.  Here's what I did, please excuse my way of cooking b/c I do not measure things and I was going off of what I thought I tasted in this hummus I had eaten a deli a few weeks ago:  (I think I was pretty close)

1 can garbanzo beans
    1 can black beans
    2 avocados
    EVOO
    Lemon Pepper seasoning that I get from the Amish around here
    Lime juice

I rinsed and drained both beans and threw them in the food processor.  Squeezed in about a TBS, TBS and a half of lime juice and a quick pour of EVOO (probably another 1 TBS  I would guess). 

Turned on the food processor and just let it run, every so often I'd add in cut up chunks of the avocado.  Once it was all mixed I dropped in about 1 TBS of the lemon pepper seasoning and some more EVOO to make it a bit creamier, that would just be based on your consistancy preference.

It made a TON of hummus.  After the potluck and everyone getting seconds I still have enough to take home and probably eat all week.  I have no idea how to make the recipe smaller though b/c either way you have to open both cans of beans. 

You could probably make it with just one type of bean (pick black or garbanzo) and then use just one avocado. 
  • Black bean hummus is delicious, and easy to make.

Spaghetti-Os must be served hot.

Hello!  Lunch was at the Mexican restaurant down the street for $.99 tacos on Tuesdays.  Add a side of queso - I love a $5 lunch.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • If the devil had a food, Spaghetti-O's would be it.  Sorry Al, I can't even handle the smell of those things (early childhood trauma involving vomit I'm sure). 

I'm trying to dry out after running out at lunch.  It wasn't raining when I left, was pouring when I came back and my umbrella was still at my desk.  Good thing I always have a hair band on my wrist because this do just isn't pretty. 
  • kd- love my new name! ha.

I was minding my own business trying to knot it up when I got sidetracked by work. I am glad I actually got some done though.

I think speghetti-o's seem to have too much sugar in them or something. I have never really liked them.

But, I love the low fat ravioli by Chef Boy Ardee. I think I will get some of that tonight too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wheres-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:26578f5b-9129-4251-be6b-5dfb242e8540Post:de4585d4-9d9f-4fae-89b4-898674596f8e">Re: Where's Everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If the devil had a food, Spaghetti-O's would be it.  <strong>Sorry Al, I can't even handle the smell of those things (early childhood trauma involving vomit I'm sure).</strong>  I'm trying to dry out after running out at lunch.  It wasn't raining when I left, was pouring when I came back and my umbrella was still at my desk.  Good thing I always have a hair band on my wrist because this do just isn't pretty. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

This is too funny, when B-man was little, maybe 2, I fed him spaghetti-o's and vienna sausages. He puked and puked, to this day he wont eat either.

It didnt seem to bother him too much, he would puke and smile at me, puke and smile at me...etc.
  • OH Stacks, thank you!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Ha Kd!  What a trooper. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards