Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

can't decide on cake

I can't decide on a more traditional cake or the one below.  What do you think?  Like??  I think I would just do the bottom three layers though...

me and my two men image

Re: can't decide on cake

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally I'm more of a traditionalist and prefer a wedding cake to be mostly white on the outside.  However, if you like that cake and it fits with your style of wedding. go for it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm the opposite of PP.  I like the non-traditional cakes.  But I do agree with PP that you should do what you like and what fits you/your wedding best.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like non traditional as well. Go for what makes you happy.
  • Options
    ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the feel of your wedding. We are having a "classic elegance" wedding, so we opted for an ivory cake but hexagon squares to mix things up a bit. If you are going for a more modern wedding, I say go for it. It's a gorgeous cake.

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a fan of that cake to be honest. It says more "birthday party" than wedding to me.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't care what your cake looks like so long as it tastes awesome. I'm not a traditionalist (and I've been to a lot of weddings), so I always like seeing something different, even if it's not my personal style.
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's your wedding...go with what you like. I like this cake, and if it looks like a birthday cake - then it is definately an elaborate birthday cake.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PPs, I don't really care about how it looks as long as it's delicious.  I'd go with the cake that matches the rest of your wedding (and, if budget is a concern, falls in your cake budget).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally think the cake should tie together your wedding theme along with your personality as a couple. If the style of your wedding isn't traditional this cake is fine for that. If it's traditional you should go with a more traditional cake. It really just depends on the style of your wedding and incorporating your personalities.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also pretty traditional.  That cake would be pretty for possibly another event.  You could still use those colors and what not but just have it toned down a bit.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually LOVE that cake. I would do something like that if you like it! I think it looks fun :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That cake is fabulous!  I can't stand big white monster wedding cakes, so for me, this one looks awesome.  This is your day and your money.  Do what makes you happy and screw whatever rules you think there are about having a white cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could always do white as the base color and then use those designs in the blue and black.  Ours is a red velvet cake, with white buttercream with red vines snaking over it - kind of in between.  It also has a spray of red roses.
  • Options
    phebebphebeb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for it!  You should have a look at some of the cakes in the Knot's wedding cake photos!  There are so many weird and wonderful ones it's not funny but they are all lovely because they represent a unique couple's love and personalities.  So I say go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards