Chit Chat

Welcome Bags - Include Coupon?

So the resort where we've blocked a bunch of rooms for our guests has a bunch of 20% off spa services coupons they can give us. I'm wondering about including them in our welcome bags ... is that a thoughtful idea, or is it weirdly promotional for the resort's spa?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Welcome Bags - Include Coupon?

• Personally, I think it's a great idea! Especially if you have a lot of guests coming from out of town and may use this trip as an excuse for a "vacation." It doesn't force any of your guests to use it, but if they WANT to, they can save some money (and that's always nice!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I would feel tacky giving wedding guests coupons.  

Instead, I would see if the hotel would include them in the room, maybe on the desk with the other local info.
  • Can I reserve a room at the hotel the weekend of your wedding? Lol!

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Include them. Whats they worst they could say? "I dont want to go to the spa." Then toss them in the garbage. Those who do want to go to the spa will appreciate them
  • It's a great idea. Since it is for your wedding maybe your guest would like their hair, nails, or makeup done. Most of the time if you have reserved many rooms the hotel takes that into account and keeps more staff on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_welcome-bags-include-coupon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:8cf6e490-c5f3-4217-97f8-8016e643a642Post:3748bf88-a6b7-4545-9bf4-cb2b5d3bbec5">Re: Welcome Bags - Include Coupon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would feel tacky giving wedding guests coupons.   Instead, I would see if the hotel would include them in the room, maybe on the desk with the other local info.
    Posted by MyNameIsNot[/QUOTE]
    This is what I was thinking.  The idea of giving guests coupons seems tacky, but I would not object to putting them in the room or someplace. 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards