Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photography Length

How long did you book your photographer for? We are in the beginning stages of planning but it's hard to tell who is in our budget without knowing this. The packages seem to range from 4-10 hours. I know it would be different for everyone, I am just looking for estimates.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Photography Length

• Options
    atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This really depends on the length of your wedding. Do you want getting ready shots? All or only part of the reception? 
    If you need help calculating, message me and I will help (i am a wedding photog myself so I help people figure this out a lot) 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did 8 hours.  I wanted her there from me getting dressed until the very end of the reception, plus I wanted her to go up to our room with us for some pics there.  So I booked her from 4-midnight but she was probably there closer to 3:00.
  • Options
    MikeF&SarahCMikeF&SarahC member
    edited December 2011
    We took the top package from ours and we get her for 12 hours.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    athlete010688athlete010688 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting mine all day.  I chose the package that has all-day wedding coverage.  I want her there from the time we are having our hair/make-up done at the church to the end of the reception.
    Anniversary image

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    meduzaxmeduzax member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All day - 12 hours
    Always One Happy Bride!
  • Options
    Kimberly0402Kimberly0402 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    8 hours. They will arrive 90 minutes before the ceremony. I don't need professional pictures of me getting my hair and make up done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bridetobemobridetobemo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We had ours all day from 9:00 am until about 10:00 pm, we wanted everything from getting ready until we left in the limo!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got super lucky and our photogs don't have a time limit. They will come at whatever time we decide we want to start getting ready and will be there til the very end. Our ceremony is at 5 so I'd imagine (and I'm not getting married until next June so I don't have a set time yet!!) the girls and I will start getting ready at noonish since we all have to get hair done, etc. and we'll take pics before the ceremony, I think they'll probably be there until 11ish. We're getting married at a beach house and staying there that night so we won't be kicked out at any certain time. Long story short -- that's 11 hours -- but it also depends how many formal portraits you'll have before the wedding, if you want them there the whole time you're getting ready, and if you're planning a formal send-off, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am just looking into photographers here in the SF Bay Area and was wondering the same thing. I would think all-day would be best since I want all the "getting ready" pictures as well as the "last guy standing" on the dance floor. I wpould imagine 10 hours would be good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards