Hawaii
Options

All-Inclusive Resort/Honeymoon Get-Away in Hawaii?

I am trying to plan an eleven day honeymoon in Hawaii next April. It would be much easier and cheaper just to stay at an all-inclusive resort like Sandals. Sandals would only cost me about $7,000 including airfare and extras. If only there was a Sandals in Hawaii! Haha. Does anyone know of a great resort or something to stay that's all-inclusive? And if not, tell me about your honeymoon in Hawaii(what you did, how long you stayed, how much it cost). Any posts are appreciated! =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: All-Inclusive Resort/Honeymoon Get-Away in Hawaii?

• Options
    pueopueo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kona Village Resort is all inclusive.  http://www.konavillage.com/
    You might also look at some of the bigger resorts (Hilton Hawaiian Village, Ko Olina Marriot, etc) for special rate packages that include dining credits.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There isn't an equivalent of Sandals on the islands. The Kona Village is as close as you'll get, but it isn't a full AI (alcohol, for one, isn't included) - and keep in mind there aren't telephones, radios, tvs or a/c there. It's meant for people who really want to get away.

Besides, with so many amazing restaurants on the islands, why get stuck with the handful one hotel has to offer? The best thing about Hawaii is you don't want to spend all your time stuck in a resort. There's so much to see and do on the islands!
  • Options
    aliblualiblu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking at places right now, but I wouldnt want to stay in my resort the whole time! I love to explore the island (Maui) snorkel, do activities, eat!!, layout on the beach. Right now, Im looking into the Sheraton in Maui. There is also the Westin, Hilton, ect. You can look at tripadvisor.com for all the hotels and get reviews, rates, ect.
    HTH!
    AliBlu | 6.8.2011 | My Bio-Updated 3/3
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think AIs are less expensive in Hawaii.  Plus, in Hawaii, there's so much to do and so many places to go and so many yummy places to eat that I wouldn't want to limit myself just to one resort for all of it.

We stay in condos that we find on VRBO.com based on building recommendations on tripadvisor.com and the Wizard Pubplications folks (http://www.wizardpub.com/main/home.html), and then we can save money by eating or grilling in and then just eating out once a day or so wherever we want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards