Plus-Sized
Options

Overwhelmed

I'm getting married in October of next year and I feel like theres a million things left to do and I'm not sure of when to do them. My maid of honor moved out of state recently and I have alot on my plate. What should I be doing? I have the locations for ceremony and reception all ready locked down but where do I go from here?

Re: Overwhelmed

• Options
    Take a deep breath and just enjoy the fun of wedding planning.  Discuss a budget and theme/colors with your fiance so you have a general idea of your wedding.   Decide what you believe is most important-photographer, DJ, flowers, etc.  Once you decide that then start meeting with those vendors.  Don't go to more then 3 or 4 vendors though because you will make yourself more overwhelmed.  Once you gather the information from each vendor sit down with your fiance and make your decision on that vendor.  Then move on to the next area of your wedding you want to focus on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:eb5ea007-bce7-4fd5-8511-08af3147242ePost:10b3b2df-4443-45eb-9428-d8ed6e8cc0a5">Overwhelmed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married in October of next year and I feel like theres a million things left to do and I'm not sure of when to do them. <strong>My maid of honor moved out of state recently and I have alot on my plate</strong>. What should I be doing? I have the locations for ceremony and reception all ready locked down but where do I go from here?
    Posted by BrookeBreezy[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter, your MOH isn't required to do anything for your wedding other than stand next to you in the appropriate attire on the day of the wedding.

I imagine you have your budget worked out?  If so, the next step is looking for the appropriate vendors.  Photographer, DJ or Band, Florist, Makeup Artist, Hair Stylist.  And as you are closing in on one year before your wedding, start the search for your dress!  Many dresses can take 6-9 months to come in, so it's not too early to look.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards