Pre-wedding Parties

Party host gifts...for A LOT of hosts!

Help!  My future in laws are throwing a huge black tie bash at their house in a couple of months.  Although my family is amazing and our wedding will be fabulous, we neither have the space nor money to accomodate my in laws' guest list of 350 (just their side!), so this is their chance to invite all of their friends.  When I asked my future MIL how many were helping her host so that I could do something to thank them, she casually told me 37 couples!!  I was planning on getting everyone a potted plant, but that will be too expensive!  Any ideas...I'm very crafty and have time to DIY.  I just need something that won't break the bank! A small and thoughtful remembrance, if you will.

Re: Party host gifts...for A LOT of hosts!

• edited March 2012
    I agree. I would much rather recieve a thoughtfully worded note than a dust collecting trinket. Order some formal stationary for yourself, if you want to dress it up a bit, in keeping with the black tie theme.
    My classy, lovely (ex) step-daughter-in-law always sends out those thank yous within 3 days. I love her for it.

• Thanks! I really appreciate the responses, and if I was answering this post, I would say the same thing!!  Unfortunately, knowing my FMIL, I NEED to give a gift, even if it's very small.  Trust me, I'm with you on this one.  Just one of those things I have to do.  Any other suggestions?
  • I don't get it. Is this a pre wedding party in celebration of your upcoming wedding to which these guests are not actually invited?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards