Ohio-Columbus
Options

Westin downtown Columbus

We have our first meeting at the Westin on Friday to reserve our wedding reception, has anyone had theirs or gone to a cocktail/reception here? Looking for any surprises to look out for, issues you had, things to ask specific to the ballroom and hotel? Ive read to look out for acoustic issues and parking which are all minor to me so I thought first hand experiences would be great to hear. Thanks, happy planning!

Re: Westin downtown Columbus

• Options
    For the parking "issue" you should have your guests park in the City center lot instead of the westin lot. City center is 1 dollar an hour, no matter how many hours you're there.

The only thing I would recommend is that you have a tasting before you sign any contract, the westin's food is kinda nasty.
  • Options
    I appreciate this post... we are in the process of booking the Westin for April 2014 too! I've heard the same- parking is a pain and I've heard food is good but not as good as some of the others. Another pro I've heard from some vendors/planners is that they really tend not to nickle and dime you. The prices is very inclusive of what you're getting (linens, china, champange toast, 5 hour bar (most only include 4 hour) they'll hand out welcome gifts, etc)... little things that I know most places like Blackwell, Hilton, etc charge for. Good luck planning! :)
  • Options
    Hi! I went to a wedding there last winter and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!! The only problem that I had with it was the fact that it took forever to get our food and it wasn't that good :( However, It was a pretty big wedding. We got our salad around 7 and didn't get our main dish until 9:30 :(  But, like I said, it was BEAUTIFUL and it was a big wedding! 
  • Options
    Thanks for your replys! I no longer think parking is a problem, thanks for your pointers on that! Now I hope the food is good, we won't do our tasting u til this summer for our 10-19-13 wedding! I'll keep you posted. Thank you again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards