Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Help on Wedding Music (ceremony and reception)!

Hi everyone!
So I know what I want to be playing as guests arrive, but I have no clue about much else!  No clue at all for the seating of grandparents/parents or for the bridal party.  I am pretty positive I want to walk down to Canon in D.  We are also having a Unity Candle ceremony (no clue on song!). I know I also need a recessional song as well.  We have a first dance song, father daughter song, and mother son song, but I havent even thought about cake cutting songs or garter toss songs...eek!  Sorry, I am getting married in 33 days and kind of forgot about the music!  I kinda like the idea of using some non traditional songs in the ceremony as well...maybe 'somewhere over the rainbow by israel kamakawiwo'ole for something in the ceremony?  possibly all you need is love by the beatles, i believe in a thing called love by the darkness or  something fun for the recessional?   Would that be odd to mix the styles since I def want Canon in D?  I really really appreciate any advice at all ladies!!!  Thanks!! 

Re: Help on Wedding Music (ceremony and reception)!

• Options
    lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well my wedding is non traditional all the way. I are walking down to tom petty's here comes my girl. Our cut the cake song is going to be pour some sugar on me  by def lepord. and thats about as far as I got hehe. What is going to be your mother and son in law dance?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am letting my fmil pick it...so far her top choice is stevie wonder 'you are the sunshine of my life'.   I love the cake cutting song!!  Yah, I am hoping to try to come up with some choices for the whole ceremony soon, but I am still pretty lost!!
  • Options
    lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah my mom told my FI it was up to him to pick out the songs and she would pick from them. And Thanks! I am stoked about that song!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards