North Carolina
Options

Our DJ quit!!!

Hi Girls,

So I recieved a phone call yesterday but no message from our DJ company and then I checked my e-mail this morning and had recieved an e-mail from our DJ company (DJ Bunn) and the owner Joe Bunn had e-mailed me saying that the DJ we hired no longer work for is company as of yesterday and that he would be willing to DJ our wedding at no additional cost (he's usually $600 more I think) anyway not sure if this has happened to anyone else but just wondering what yall did.  Also wondering if anyone has personally use Joe Bunn as their DJ.

Thx!

L

Re: Our DJ quit!!!

• Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't yet, but Joe Bunn is personally DJ'ing our wedding in May and I know he is fabulous! I know my mom's friend used him.  I think you definitely got the better end of the deal on this one! lol, that sucks that your other guy left, but at least you get to use Joe now! They are very professional so I think you should be ok. Maybe meet with him so you can go over your expectations and be on the same page. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think you should tell joe that he should do it and not charge you the extra fee.  after all it is his problema.
  • Options
    krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a bummer - who was your DJ supposed to be???  But I would definitely go for having Joe as your DJ - he's supposed to be super awesome!  And that speaks well I think that he's replacing the DJ rather than using another associate DJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Pinky09 used him...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_dj-quit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:84a62747-cf05-49f1-9793-47015fe520e5Post:2c81add3-733f-4752-97c0-7d8e8834318b">Our DJ quit!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Girls, So I recieved a phone call yesterday but no message from our DJ company and then I checked my e-mail this morning and had recieved an e-mail from our DJ company (DJ Bunn) and the owner Joe Bunn had e-mailed me saying that the DJ we hired no longer work for is company as of yesterday and that he would be willing to DJ our wedding <strong><em><u>at no additional cost</u></em></strong> (he's usually $600 more I think) anyway not sure if this has happened to anyone else but just wondering what yall did.  Also wondering if anyone has personally use Joe Bunn as their DJ. Thx! L
    Posted by SFBride2B2010[/QUOTE]

Andrea sweetie, did you forget your reading glasses today?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    katherine, yep no suga coating this one.  i misread...see joe did do the right thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sucks but NOOOO worries!! Joe Bunn is AMAZING..he charges almost $2000 to DJ, b/c he is that good and has a great repuation. I didn't have him, but I met him several times and he has a great personality, and honestly your def getting the better end of that deal!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so who is the dj that quit...one of my girlfriends is using someone in his co.
  • Options
    dancr214dancr214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joe Bunn is just as amazing as everyone says he is.  I have been to a ton of weddings that he has DJ'ed and yeah, you really are getting the better end of the deal.  He is by far the best DJ! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just like PPs, I've heard that Joe's associates are awesome and he's the absolute best so it sounds like you're getting a great deal! This is such a better post than I was expecting - haha! Glad you aren't without a DJ altogether. 
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp.  I thought this was going to be a really bad post, but after reading everyone's reviews, it really sounds like you lucked out!  Congrats!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_dj-quit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:84a62747-cf05-49f1-9793-47015fe520e5Post:b47efbfa-1815-42cf-9ce5-6ef16275f227">Re: Our DJ quit!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is such a better post than I was expecting
    Posted by ashstwrt[/QUOTE]

Me too! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mel Manning....he was one of Joe's top guys and had been there for like 8+ years.  I think we are pretty lucky too, Joe seems to be a great guy so I think everything will work out!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards