Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Brunette Needs Some Help...

For you dark brunettes out there, what did you do with your hair? I had my practice run this last weekend and while I liked what she did it felt like everything blended in because my hair is so dark. I'm tempted to get some highlights just to bring out the updo a little but I think that might be a little drastic.

Any suggestions would help.

Re: Brunette Needs Some Help...

• edited December 2011
    I'm a dark brunette as well. I am planning to do some carmel and red highlights before the wedding. If you do get highlights don't go too blonde because they'll grow out faster and IMO look a little odd.  I can give you the name of my stylist if you want she's in shoreview and rocks the color combos for my dark brown hair
  • edited December 2011
    I am also having on having more caramel toned or lighter brown highlights added- potentially some really dark lowlights as well. I don't want them to be chunky, just natural and thin.  Mila's hair below is my wedding inspiration pic
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO I wouldnt do anything that isnt "you." If you dont typically have highlights then I wouldnt do them just for the wedding. But if you like highlights and have had them before then go for it! Or at least try them before it is say a month out from the wedding in case you dont like them on you.

I have med brown hair and actually dyed it even darker for the wedding as that is how I love my hair. It was pretty much all one tone with my own natural hair tones in there coming through my dye job. I just had lots of curls to give my hair texture. Here is an awesome pic of me :) that I have on this computer but at least it shows a closer pic of my hair:

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_brunette-needs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:de61bb81-caee-4db1-b705-fbd806a1fd74Post:6b98002c-5fc1-49c4-bb2c-14444ac5ecf7">Re: bride bellydancing - tacky, whacky or fun?</a>:
    [QUOTE]IMO I wouldnt do anything that isnt "you." If you dont typically have highlights then I wouldnt do them just for the wedding. But if you like highlights and have had them before then go for it! Or at least try them before it is say a month out from the wedding in case you dont like them on you. I have med brown hair and actually dyed it even darker for the wedding as that is how I love my hair. It was pretty much all one tone with my own natural hair tones in there coming through my dye job. I just had lots of curls to give my hair texture. Here is an awesome pic of me :) that I have on this computer but at least it shows a closer pic of my hair:
    Posted by drdifabio[/QUOTE]

I agree with Danielle.  I have really dark brown hair, but don't plan on doing anything to it.  Honestly, if I did, a lot of people (including FI), would probably flip!  I get many a compliment on my hair!  I think that with the texture I'm planning, along with the natural highlights my hair has after the summer, I'll be good!

GL in whatever you decide, I know it will be beautiful!!  = )
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto last 2 posts...
    I have really dark hair and with curls, braids and texture, and I really liked how it turned out.  It's all one color too, you don't want to look back at pics and wonder why did I do that. Just my opinion.
    Here's a couple pics of my hair...

• jmkaiserjmkaiser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I know I'm probably overthinking it. When I went in for the hair trial I didn't know I needed freshly washed hair so it was a little flatter than I wanted. My stylists promised me it would be more texturized on the wedding day. I think that just made me nervous. I'm also not really used to having all my hair back so that kind of made me nervous too--maybe I have to change up the style a little so it's more me instead of my hair color.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards