Maryland

Affordable photographer for MD/DE area needed!!

I'm getting married in the Chesapeake City, MD area and am looking for a reasonably priced photographer ($1,500 or so would be ideal).  I know that might be near impossible but does anyone know of one in that $ range?  I'm open to one that is up and coming or a recent graduate, etc to try out.

Any help is appreciated!  Thanks!!

Re: Affordable photographer for MD/DE area needed!!

• lrandall325lrandall325 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Heather Coburn Photography.  Her prices are great (many packages, starting at $900).  She has been doing photography for years and her personality is awesome! Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011

I just checked out her website and it looks exactly like what I'm looking for in style.  Thanks so much for the suggestion!

• edited December 2011
    I just really got started with everything but I'm pretty much set on either The Wellwood in Charlestown, MD or the Chesapeake Inn in Chesapeake City.  Any comments on either?  Where did you decide on?
  • edited December 2011
    We just booked our photographer today, Forever in a Flash - Amy Hershey, and we are very excited for her to capture our wedding!  I think her work is beautiful and her prices are very reasonable.  She won the Wedding Wire's 2010 Bride's Choice award.  I highly recommend contacting her for a consultation.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Parkville-MD/Forever-in-a-Flash-Photography/112209612102?v=info

She is offering a 50% off special this month in honor of her wedding anniversary. We got the complete engagement and wedding package for $1550! 

We met her a few months ago but decided to take care of a few other things before putting the photography deposit - couldn't have asked for better timing!
  • jenwen32jenwen32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out kuhnsphoto.com.  He has been in the business for many years, willing to work within a budget, AND travel!!  Good luck with your planning :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with http://landmhewitt.com/ she is awesome!!! And her prices are pretty low
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Cecil County too!!

I know both of the restaurants you are talking about well.

First of all, when are you getting married?

Chesapeake Inn is beautiful and has *fantastic* food!  Locals love to go there in the summer is why I ask.

The Wellwood is also very good and my dad grew up with the owner.  But I warn you, it is NOT on the water.  There is a kind of crummy marina right in front of it blocking all view of the water if that is what you wanted.  But the food is also delicious.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Angel Kidwell Photography

8hr session, including engagement photos, cd with all the pix, and prints- $1300. She is really nice!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! 
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked Justin Michael of Priceless Images Photography. He shot my best friends weddings and, as her maid of honor, I was very involved with the all of the planning stages. She was referred to him from her sister so she knew she wouldn't get disappointed. He met with my friends to find out what their vision was and to figure out their personal style. All of the pictures turned out amazing! From the engagment pictures to the end of the reception, they were perfect! Not only was the end product something to brag about but the photographer was a doll. He was very professional yet very warm at the same time. You could tell that his main goal was to make the couple happy. I would definitley recommend him to anyone planning a wedding in the Baltimore area!
    His website is www.piphotography.com
    good luck and congrats!!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Brian, his work is so awesome and affordable like you said. We book him and his packages varied just contact them and they can fill you in with some quick details. oh yea brianraystudios.com ... for reference.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you would love Brodie Ledford Photography! Very affordable and you don't sacrifice anything. They are very open to working within a budget and they make the entire process simple and fun! 

The website is: www.BrodieLedford.com

Best of luck to you!!
  • Please feel free to contact me at

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Onsite-Photography-by-Rene-Talino/409129595421

I am still building my portfolio and am offering very competitive rates...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards