New Jersey
Options

Last Dance?

Our DJ wants to know what we want for our last dance of the night. We want something upbeat and fun to end the night on a high note, but we can't come up with a good song. What is everyone using for their last dance? I need inspiration.

Re: Last Dance?

• Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of doing, "I wanna dance with somebody" by Whitney Houston, but I'm corny like that.  Can't explain it but I love that song.
  • Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

in typical nj wedding style, we did frank sinatra- ny, ny
    everyone gathered around us, we danced in the middle....corny yes, but, whatever, it was fun and it got everyone out on the dance floor.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did:

I feel Home - O.A.R - It was perfect.  It's all about friends and family. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE 'Save the last dance for Me' by Michael Buble. We plan on using that one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing 2 last dance songs. One more traditional for some of our older guests Donna Summers, Last Dance then to officially end the night we are playing Blink-182, First Date. It was the first concert FI and I went to so we thought it would be cute.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We never asked for a specific song, and MH and I weren't even in the reception room when the last song was played (we were in the lobby/bar area saying goodbye to some people). Apparently my dad requested Ray Charles' version of "America the Beautiful" as the final song.

I don't know what MH and I would've chosen had we had the opportunity. Maybe Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days," since we're Devils fans. We were also tossing around the idea of "Jersey Girl" as the last slow song early in the planning.
  • Options
    SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Sinatra - New York, New York -- It's the song they play at the end of every Yankee game--we just had to have it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, roll your eyes, all of you, if you must~

MH was a HUGE Sopranos fan & we DO actually like Journey so, um...

"Don't Stop Believing..."

& even though we knew only Sopranos fans would "get it,' we had it abruptly cut off as in the series finale.

Our wedding was 98% Jerseyans & many Sopranos watchers so most guests erupted in appluase... it was pretty funny & sweet.
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_last-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fc365693-7fa9-478b-bdba-0cb38bffae31Post:b4122a9d-55af-4cba-a87b-6570d5f76b11">Re: Last Dance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE 'Save the last dance for Me' by Michael Buble. We plan on using that one.
    Posted by Cuppycake10[/QUOTE]

Same here thats what we used and everyone came out onto the floor for that one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did "Glory Days" by Bruce- everyone loved it, the 2nd to last dance was requested by my college roommates to be A Whole New World, yes, Aladdin. In college we would nonstop listen to the Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachey version and I swore it would be my first dance at my wedding. Nope. haha

Other contenders were Don't Stop Believin, Jersey Girl and Summer of 69
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_last-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:fc365693-7fa9-478b-bdba-0cb38bffae31Post:1c782099-53e4-4116-ad1f-9593e915e8f8">Re: Last Dance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, roll your eyes, all of you, if you must~ MH was a HUGE Sopranos fan & we DO actually like Journey so, um... "Don't Stop Believing..." & even though we knew only Sopranos fans would "get it,' we had it abruptly cut off as in the series finale. Our wedding was 98% Jerseyans & many Sopranos watchers so most guests erupted in appluase... it was pretty funny & sweet.
    Posted by Jaytee501[/QUOTE]

<font color="#008080">We were talking about making this our last song of the  night too!
    Of course FI wants Journey and I want the Glee version though.... LOL</font>
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_last-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:fc365693-7fa9-478b-bdba-0cb38bffae31Post:780a90dc-fa30-4584-91f3-db467d03548c">Re: Last Dance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Last Dance? :   We were talking about making this our last song of the  night too! Of course FI wants Journey and I want the Glee version though.... LOL
    Posted by Heather822[/QUOTE]

hahaha I have been trying to figure out a way to squeeze in a Glee song myself!  FI will kill me!
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our last *dance" song was "Last Dance" by Donna Summer.  But then "Bye Bye Bye" was the last song played.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FI is a biiiig fan of KISS so our first dance will be to "Forever" and our last song will be "Rock n Roll All Nite" lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The last 3 songs our band played were:

Livin on a prayer
    Don't stop believin
    By this point I thought the place was going to explode.

Last song

NY, NY

1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_last-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fc365693-7fa9-478b-bdba-0cb38bffae31Post:b4122a9d-55af-4cba-a87b-6570d5f76b11">Re: Last Dance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE 'Save the last dance for Me' by Michael Buble. We plan on using that one.
    Posted by Cuppycake10[/QUOTE]

That's what we plan on doing, too! I think our guests will be in Buble overload by the end of the night...we are choosing one of his songs for our first dance, too!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    raangoli- which song? we did Everything for our first dance song
    *~allie~*

• Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We used "Time of my Life" by David Cook
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm using "shook me all night long" by ac/dc. i also thought of "living on a prayer" and "rock and roll all night" by kiss

my sister used "don't stop believin'" and as played out as it is, it was an awesome last dance song. everyone was on the floor, singing, and being ridiculous... of course everyone was pretty drunk by then too

felicia- i wanna dance w/ somebody is my most favorite song! i dont know why, its so upbeat
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't Stop Believin...great last song
  • Options
    daflamingadaflaminga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our last song was "Love Shack."  The dance floor was packed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards