Getting in Shape
Options

Exercises to lose fat on my arms

Hi Ladies,

So, does anyone know of any exercise moves that will get rid of the fat that's in between my boobs and arms (like where the armpit is).  I know that everyone has a little bit of spillage there but I REALLY hate it and I'm so mad that I can't get rid of it.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Re: Exercises to lose fat on my arms

• Options
    Nothing you try, ever, will spot reduce fat.  You have two options.  1) Reduce body fat, 2) Build muscle.

General cardio will help with 1).  High Intensity Interval Training will give you the most bang for your buck in the cardio department.

As for 2), a great exercise to target that area is pushups.  If you can't do a full pushup (on your toes) start on an incline instead of on your knees (so you hands on a counter, or chair).  Check out the 100 Pushup Challenge for a good program.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree 100% with raynes, however, if you're looking to strengthen your triceps (aka the problem area where most women get the "chicken wing"). Pushups do help greatly, but you might also want to use free weights as well. Start out small (5lbs) and start to build up your endurance to move up to heavier weights. When I first started out doing this, I didn't really have access to free weight, so I just used one of those large, 1-liter bottle of water. I'd kneel on either my coffee table or my couch and prop myself up with one arm while I pulled the water bottle up off the floor with the other, bringing my elbow up to a 90-degree angle.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Planks are also great for your tricpeps. Just hold for as long as you can, rinse & repeat several reps. :)
  • Options
    I call them arm boobs.  And they are horrible!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards