Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Budget Wedding Dress

Does anyone know where I can find a good selection (not just 10 dresses on the clearance rack) of wedding gowns under $500 in the Atlanta metro area? If that is a hopeless cause, any suggestions on where to start online or local consignment shops? Is it totally unreasonable to think I could find a new dress for $500 or less? I heard JCrew has them but the ones on their website were either in the $1k plus range or if lower cost, were made from jersey or some other casual and unforgiving material.

Thanks!
overwhelmed Bride2B in Dunwoody
n1978es@hotmail.com

Re: Budget Wedding Dress

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check the special occasion dresses at Dillards, Macy's and Bloomies. They have white dresses that look like wedding dresses to me. I needed a second dress and ended up getting one at Dillards for less than $200 and I think I like it better than the more traditional dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Bridal Sense in Sandy Springs for $400. They have a wide range of prices and the service has been great so far. (next up: alterations)

http://www.bridalsense.com/

I've also heard great things about Wedding Angels in Roswell

http://www.weddingangels.com

They were recommended to me by several friends, but I was lucky enough to find my dress at the first store I went to so I never made it over there.

Good luck!
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Anya Bridal Warehouse, on the west side of ATL. They have some really good prices, some clearance dresses (mine was $750, clearance for $300, got it for $200!) and they have a 1/2 off sale several times a year.

This is their website:
    www.anyabridal.com/

Good luck, and no, it is not a lost cause!!
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can always go to normal bridal shops and try on dresses. When you find one you like, you can try finding a used one or buying it online for less.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Formally Yours in Lilburn has a good selection......if you pay up front you get a discount
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Christi's Bridal in Dawsonville. You can try on as many dresses as you like, and her prices are only 15% over wholesale - comparable to all of the big "discount" bridal shops. This was the lifesaver for us.
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_budget-wedding-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:389f0a4c-366e-46c3-b95b-a0a0c7757cf1Post:a4334765-c0d9-41e8-a5cf-45765553e099">Re: Budget Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check the special occasion dresses at Dillards, Macy's and Bloomies. They have white dresses that look like wedding dresses to me. I needed a second dress and ended up getting one at Dillards for less than $200 and I think I like it better than the more traditional dress.
    Posted by geordieboysgirl[/QUOTE]

THIS. THIS. THIS.  I have found some amazing dresses there at excellent prices. GL!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

A really great online store would be www.bestbridalprices.com. I tried on gowns at New Ntalie's and they had quite a few in that price range.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nordstrom online had some good options when I was looking - you can usually get free shipping and you can do free returns at the store (so I ordered two, tried them on, and returned them when I found a dress at J.Crew that I liked even better).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know of a shop in Ga that sells a lot of new dresses from $400-1000.00.. it's called Modern Elegance and it's in Powder Springs GA
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Got mine last Saturday at Filene's Basement's annual Running of the Brides. Regular price $1,000 got it for $250. It is definitely worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards