Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Shower date?

My mother and bridesmaids are hosting a shower for me and I recently found out they want it to be about 3 1/2 months before my wedding because I have many young people that will be going to college and would be missing out. M wedding is December 6 and they are thinking around the time of Labor Day weekend. Do you think this is too early or is that okay? They will only invite people that I am definitely inviting to the wedding, as I will give them my final list when they ask. They just wanted to make sure I was okay with that time frame.
Thanks!

Re: Shower date?

• Options
    I think that's way too early, but I don't know if there are "rules" about it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    We usually have showers about two months, give or take a few weeks, before the wedding. Your shower seems on the early side, but if that's what works for all the VIPs, I don't see a problem with it. 

I had never heard the rule about wedding invitations going out before the shower invitations, until I joined The Knot. Typically, the shower invitations come before the wedding invitations, in my circle. The hosts are very careful about only inviting those on the wedding guest list.

• Options

Thanks MairePoppy! I know a lot of people doing showers around 3 months in advance, I think just since it will be such a different climate during the two parties, it just seemed farther to me. Plus it's not my party to plan anyway, so I am just grateful they are hosting anything! :)

• Options
    DItto Retread.

We did a similar thing for SIL's baby shower.   She wasn't due until October but we had a shower for her in late June.   She and BIL were in town that weekend so we went with what worked.

• Options
    Thanks girls! I really appreciate your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards