Georgia-Atlanta

Wedding reception at a lounge???

Would it be a good idea to have a wedding reception at a lounge here in Atlanta? WHY OR WHY NOT? If you have had your wedding reception at a lounge in the ATL, how was your experience and where was it? Which lounge would be a great place to hold a reception????Thanks!

Re: Wedding reception at a lounge???

• edited December 2011
    When you say "lounge," what do you mean, or do you have a specific place in mind?
  • edited December 2011
    Those type of  restaurent/lounge setting like the purple rain  lounge or something similar so i dont have to do decor i basically just rent it and have my reception as it is.
  • edited December 2011
    Well I guess the first question would be how do they rent it out for special events (if at all?)  Do they give you full-run of the place, or do you only get a portion? Do you plan on having food to guests, and if so, what on-site catering do they offer?

I think if you want a lounge/nightclub type of reception, then why not?
  • ritakellyritakelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought about it. I even checked out a few bar and grill places that have a private area. They are normally used for Christmas parties. STAT has a few private rooms. In the end, I decided I wanted one place for ceremony and reception (and I wasn't getting married in a bar). I think it also just depends on the feel of the wedding you want (as PP said). I want something more casual and relaxed; but I think it would look absurd to be wearing a wedding dress in the places I was looking at. So I would have had to change or choose a more casual dress. Just keep the big picture in mind. I also loved the idea of not having to decorate at all so I chose a wedding venue that did not require much decoration (its already beautiful).
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much. Which venue did u chose if you dont mind?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards