Maine

father-daughter dance song?

Have you all picked one out? There are a few I like, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't pick some because they make me cry just listening to them. :P

Here are some of my favs:
Father Daughter Song (Paul Simon)
I Loved Her First (Heartland) - probably what I'm leaning towards, but makes me well up with tears all the time.
My Little Girl (Tim McGraw)
You Are My Special Angel (Bobby Helms) - probably one my dad would like best

Thoughts? Should I consider the tearing-up factor? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!

Re: father-daughter dance song?

• edited December 2011
    My dad and I are dancing to "Walk with you" by Edwin McCain... it's perfect!
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing it, so no songs to think about here.

However, I love the song Stealing Cinderella by Chuck Wicks.  I remember the first time I heard it, I thought it would make a perfect father/daughter dance song.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my dad and I are dancing to Tim Mcgraw my little girl

i have always been a daddy's little girl so its perfect (ugh so corny haha)
  • britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad and I are dancing to I Loved Her First! Neither of us can make it through that song without crying, but I can't picture anything else. I'm a total daddy's girl too so it's perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    I had a twist on our father daughter dance.. We started out with Heartland, I loved her first.. but because I wanted it to be fun and not sad for my dad.. midway through it changed to the Temptations, My Girl.  My dad totally busted a move and showed me up on the dance floor :)
    Christine & Paul- October 2, 2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    @britthall, that is so cute.  :)

We haven't discussed it yet, but I'm guessing he wants to dance to Daddy's Little Girl.  The old standby.  I have a few songs that make me cry, like Through The Years by Kenny Rogers.  I can't hear that song and not blubber like a fool.  Like others said maybe that is a reason to not pick it. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, good to know I'm probably not going to be the only one who cries. Honestly, I do fear that I'll be a mess on my wedding day. I think I cry at all weddings, no matter what. haha. 

Not a bad idea to give dad the option to pick. Maybe I'll narrow them down and have him pick from two. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "I am your child" by Barry Manilow and "Softly, I will leave you softly" (not sure who sings it) are beautiful father/daughter songs.. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards