June 2012 Weddings

quick Hair Trial Advice! Help!

Hey, I know it's late in the game but I'm just getting my hair trail done today. Prayerfully it will go well and I'll be happy with my choice of stylist. But my question is this, am I supposed to tip tonight at the trial? Or just the wedding day? oh and how much is normal for both things if needed? Thanks!

Re: quick Hair Trial Advice! Help!

• I did not tip at my trial.  I've already paid my deposit and will tip generously the day of the wedding.

I think you could do it either way, though.
  • I tipped for both and I tipped the same percentage I normally would tip my stylist.
  • I tipped on my trial.  My stylist only charged me like $10 for the trial, an updo is normally $50, I think my mother gave her either $5 or $10 for a tip.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!
  • I just had my trial last week, she charged me the same as she would for the wedding day but I didn't tip as much as I will for the wedding. Since it was just a trial we were more or less just playing around with my hair for the right curl and body and how i'd like my bangs swept etc, there really isn't much to my wedding day hair since I'm wearing it down with loose curls. But I think if ur stylist is going to be putting in a lot of work on your hair then maybe you should consider giving her a tip based on her effort. It's your choice though, tips are optional.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_quick-hair-trial-advice-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:8e170281-5ff2-47ed-81bf-e21b5a03ca77Post:8d57c764-5cb5-41c6-9752-e504564d74c8">Re:quick Hair Trial Advice! Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had my trial last week, she charged me the same as she would for the wedding day but I didn't tip as much as I will for the wedding. Since it was just a trial we were more or less just playing around with my hair for the right curl and body and how i'd like my bangs swept etc, there really isn't much to my wedding day hair since I'm wearing it down with loose curls. But I think if ur stylist is going to be putting in a lot of work on your hair then maybe you should consider giving her a tip based on her effort. It's your choice though, tips are optional.
    Posted by SoonToBeMrsAmato[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the help! I actually didn't have cash on me to tip but she is awesome and going to be charging me less then I had budgeted so day of I will give her a pretty large tip since I had budgeted for a higher cost. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards