Arizona-Phoenix

Photographer

Check! Venue
Check! Officiant

Now I'm looking for a photographer! Our venue is taking up a huge chunk of our budget (which I guess was to be expected, though we weren't really money-savvy when we made that decision.) We're hoping for someone <$600. What I would like is 2+ photographers, 4-5 hours (including ~1 hour before the ceremony to get most bridal party pictures out of the way), CD of ALL photos taken touched-up or not. Albums and prints and whatnot can be decided on at a later date (aka after the wedding after saving up more money.) I've been told to go with photographer students since I live in Tempe, and I might just do that, but I'd REALLY like a professional who knows what they're doing. Think it's possible? Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer

• edited December 2011

Under 600 for 2 people?  I am thinking this is going to be very hard to find. I think it would be difficult to find a one professional for $600 let alone 2! 

Here are some of the less pricey photographers that I came across when I was looking.  You could see if they would work with you to create a package at your price with the items you need.  Many of them have friends in the industry that can step in as a second photographer.

Ivy - The Pic Chic - http://www.picchickonline.com/index1.html
    Kacy Hughes - http://photosbykacy.com/priceweddings.cfm

11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • sboobear03sboobear03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For what you want it is going to be very hard to find.

Jennifer Weems Photography has a "Quickie" package fir $600 but it is only for 3 hours. I really wanted to use her but she wasnt part of our package.

• edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Ivy the pic chick as well.  She had the most affordable packages I saw.  She wasn't available for our date, so I never met her, but she is recommended often.  Could you maybe just have one professioal and someone else in your friends or family designated to take a lot of pics too to try to supplement.  I'm not sure I saw any packages for two photogs that inexpensive.

We chose Danielle Daigle (www.danielledaigle.com), but she is not quite that inexpensive although she does have some basic packages with one photog bu they are more than that I am pretty sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quite honestly, I don't think your expectations are reasonable.  That's like expecting to pay only $1000 for a 2010 Mercedes.  If you find 2 professional photographers who are willing to photograph and give you a CD for under $600 and do a great job, then be sure to post here and everywhere.  Because that definitely will be a find.  With that said, I have 2 suggestions:

1.  Go on Craig's list and see if someone is willing to photograph for free in exchange for using your pics in their portfolio.  We are doing this with video and are getting 3 HD video cameras for free of the entire wedding and reception.

2.  Try my friend Collleen Dempster at www.simplyclassicphoto.com. Tell her Belinda sent you.  She did our photos for our Save the Date cards and did a great job.  She may be able to cut you some sort of deal.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Try this place: Flat Rate Photography

I signed up for information at one of the bridal shows and keep getting info from them. I haven't used them because I already had a photographer by the time I heard from these guys, but they sound nice. Their email is ktpphotoguy9@aol.com and the website is http://www.keithstravelphotos.com/services_weddings.html
    The site says their basic services are $699 for 5 hours unlimited photos with 2 photographers (husband and wife?) That might be as close as you can get to what you're looking for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Ivy (the Pic Chick) and she has been amazing so far. Her work is beautiful and she is so sweet. When I met with her she was charging $100/hr and you could customize as many or as few hours as you'd like. The price included all pictures on a CD and online album viewing. If I remember correctly for a second photographer it is $200/hr but I would confirm with Ivy on that.
    She is the most budget friendly photog I could find without compromising quality. And she's such a sweetheart.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I don't think you're going to find a lot to match what you want, but check out Moments In Film.  We met with Jacqueline when we were researching photographers and she was great.  Really fun and professional at the same time.  they always have 2 photographers, and their rates are very reasonable (compared to others in the industry).  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards