July 2013 Weddings

The Honeymoon Thread!

I know manny of you have booked or are soon booking your HM's. So I figured why not start a thread where we can talk about where we're going and bounce ideas off one another.

As for me, Fi and I have no idea where we want to go. We think somewhere warm and tropical. My parents went to Costa Rica and loved it. But I think I want something AI.

We both really wanted to go to Italy, but looking at prices, it's looking out of the question. Likely we'll go on an anniversary trip (before kids!)

To those who have booked: how did you? Travel agent? Expedia? Trip Advisor?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

Re: The Honeymoon Thread!

• We have our dream to the Maldives,but we have to look up the
    prices.Then something cheaper in Balli,then in French Polynisia and lastly
    exotic europe,the cheapest choice.

• We'll be going to Riviera Maya. I blab about it enough here so its old news lol. It wasn't my first choice and Im starting to question it already. Fi's parents have the timeshare there and they were pricing one of the basic Casitas rooms the other day. Turns out its about 2K a person...and thats without flight!! For some reason I thought having a timeshare meant waaaaaayyyy cheaper prices. Im sure we can go to Hawaii for a week for that price and not pay extra for flight. This process is so aggravating. I know I shouldn't complain as his parents have graciously offered to pay the deposit but if its that much Id rather just go elsewhere for cheaper. Isnt the point of a timeshare to have discounted rates????
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Have not booked yet. We have a fund on our registry (through depositagift.com) for honeymoon money. Our dream location would be Tuscany or any of the French Islands but realistically ...might just be Niagara Falls!  We both love nature, but not big on the Caribbean. I have heard good things about Costa Rica ( and really want to check out their ziplines!) but not sure if July is there rainy season?
  • We've tossed around ideas of doing Hawaii (which I love!!!) or a Disneyworld/Bahamas honeymoon combo.

But, those seem like really cookie-cutter ideas for a honeymoon, and I'm thinking we should consider other possibilities...

Has anyone considered using one of those getaway deals through groupon? I always see awesome looking vacations on there, but I have no idea if thats a good...idea... lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• There are AIs in Costa Rica (we stayed in one). But it will probably be pretty rainy there in July.

We're thinking Scotland, but we'll fly in and out of Heathrow and spend some time in London and surrounding area as well. We change our minds regularly though - active or relaxed, AI or not, Europe or Caribbean/South America, etc etc. We won't be booking until the new year likely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Haven't booked yet, and likely won't until after ther wedding. We're taking a minimoon in Sausalito and up the coast the week after the wedding and then planning for the HM in November. We want to go somewhere tropical for sure, since I am in love with sunbathing and fruity drinks, and the FI is big into scuba diving. I've been mostly perusing the all-incusive resorts, so I'd love to hear some input on the booking process from you guys as well (and I'll probably stalk the HM board too, when it gets closer to booking time!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I *really* want to go to Hawaii, FH is 6'6" and is therefore VERY uncomfortable on planes and doesn't feel like flying the 8+ hours it would take for us to get there. We may end up at one of the USVI's or somewhere in the Carribean. All I really want is some water, a beach, a pool, and some fruity drinks to sip on! :) 
  • We are taking a river cruise in France! My FILs gifted us our honeymoon and recommened a river cruise. That works well since my FI burns so the beach was out. We are super excited to go see new places and relax after the wedding chaos :-)
  • We're doing the cookie-cutter Hawaiian honeymoon. Its somewhere we've both always wanted to go, and I'm excited. Though not for the long trip. Oh well, we plan on sleeping through most of it.
    We've bought the plane tickets, and reserved the suite we'll be staying in. Things are so much cheaper if you reserved them a year out..
  • My dream is also the Maldives, however because of the cost, that will have to be an anniversary trip one day. We're going to Jamaica. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards