Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

tips for self-conscious shoulders?

Hi brides-

I am very self-conscious about my rounded shoulders. People always tell me they don't notice them, but I suppose every bride has that feature they don't want anyone to notice. I bought my dress, a v-neck gown with straps, but I still cringe at my profile view. Any tips for concealing shoulders? (hair wise, attire wise)

Re: tips for self-conscious shoulders?

• Options
    Thanks ladies- I am wearing a veil. I have been considering adding a bolero or shawl, but I hate to cover the back of the dress when its really just the side view I am concerned about...(like during the ceremony especially!!)
  • Options
    I encourage you to do something other than just relying on hair or a veil (like adding little cap or short sleeves on if it would go with the dress)... 

one of my cousins relied on her veil/hair to cover her shoulders and she looks silly in most of the pictures since she has everything she can gathered over her shoulders, she looks very insecure and it actually draws attention to them... also, during the actual day she kept fiddling with her veil to try to keep it placed over her shoulders.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here's the deal, I also have rounded shoulders, almost an old lady "hunch" and anything you do to try to cover them is going to actually draw attention to it by adding bulk, other than maybe the veil. You are better off using the time before your wedding to practice good posture, doing exercises to strengthen your back, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards