Pre-wedding Parties

Should I wear this for my shower or rehersal? (poll)

I posted a few months back on this board about the dress I bought for my bridal shower. Majority of people said it wasn't too casual because I was having a BBQ shower. However, I have recently been informed that they decided against BBQ and are having a buffet of appetizer type foods that the 3 hosts are cooking (mom, aunt, & my cousin who is a BM). A few foods they're making are meatballs, stuffed mushrooms, & scallops wrapped in bacon. I have had the dress too long now to return it so I need some help seeing if this dress is still OK for this event.

My rehearal dinner has been booked and it's in a function room at a itialian restraunt (more of a fun unique local place than a classy italian place). They are serving salad, homemade breadsticks, and 4 specialty pizza's of our choice.

(they don't sell the dress anymore & I don't have any pictures of it but this one is VERY similar so please just base your decisions on this dress)

http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=1396_9297_410&catId=cat1320034
126 Invited image
37 Ready to Rock! image
9 Party Poopers image
80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Should I wear this for my shower or rehersal? (poll)

• The only thing I'm not crazy about with that dress is that you will likely have some guests dressed better than you at either event.  I don't think the bride HAS to be the dressiest, but I think if you could avoid that you should.  Unless you spent gobs of money on this dress, it looks okay to wear regularly/casually, so I'd just wear it for fun and choose something else for your bridal events.

• Thanks girls, I will most likley stick with wearing it to the shower. I am not a "dress up" kind of girl and would not wear this dress on a regular day. I'm okay with anybody being dressier than I am. Also I was going to wear it to one event or the other regardless because I don't have enough money to pick out two more dresses (hell, I don't have anything budgeted for even 1 more dress... but I'll pull it off!)
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards