Michigan-Detroit
Options

Wedding Programs...do I have to?

Hi Ladies,

I am getting all of my paper items together and I was wondering if I have to do programs? I am having my ceremony and reception all in the same space and I am just picturing 200 programs left on the chairs or floor, being thrown away or being carried around by guests who don't know what to do with them. I'm doing a welcome and thank you and the menu card. Can I just skip programs then?

Re: Wedding Programs...do I have to?

• Options
    baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's absolutley ok to skip them, I didn't want to do them either (for the same reason you listed), so we're not. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's perfectly fine to skip them.  I will be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they are useful for following along if the ceremony is long, but not necessary for a shorter wedding ceremony.
    I plan on doing something similar to the photo below. It gets the info out there without spending money and time on making programs people are probably going to toss.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tink- I think the pic is a great idea!  I've also seen something very similar on a chalk board.
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having them.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No reason - I made over 100 of mine and about 90 came back to me.  They are sitting in my house because I can't bare to part with all of that labor and paper!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    carpediem27carpediem27 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on doing them, just b/c I plan to do the ones that double as fans since I will be having an outdoor ceremony in August. Otherwise, I would probably skip them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards