Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Indoor Engagement Photos?

I'm trying to get ideas for how to do an indoor engagement photo session... it's going to be COLD when we booked the session and most I see are outdoors... but there's nothing pretty around here to use in the background and even being bundled up we will still be frozen.

I'd like to look into an indoor session, but I'm afraid it will look too candid and living room like if it were in a home... I need some ideas!

Help!

Re: Indoor Engagement Photos?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen people do their engagement photos at places like movie theaters, coffee shops, even museums and libraries.

ETA: We didn't end up doing this but we looked into doing ours at a bowling alley or pool hall.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Talk to your photographer for some ideas.  Also, if you got engaged somewhere like a restaurant or club, that could work.  If your first date was a movie theater, you could go there--try thinking of places that have some meaning in your relationship.  I've also seen shoots done at alma maters, football/baseball stadiums, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We hope to do ours in a library. We're in California, and could do everything wedding-related outside, but we're not outside people, and we've told every photographer we've met with to be prepared for fairly dark, indoor venues. They're all OK with it, especially when they're allowed to use a flash and set up lights.

A photographer with knowledge of the area probably knows of indoor places he'd love to do a photoshoot - besides those mentioned, a hotel lobby, courthouse, or city hall could be lovely. Just be sure someone looks into any restrictions beforehand.
  • Options
    Do you have a really pretty hotel in your area? Depending on your style, it could be old and charming or bold and modern.

I also saw a couple who used an art studio. It was all white and their photo session was them spraying colorful paint everywhere, writing their names and the date on the walls and floor, and eventually painting each other. This seems a little hard not to mention probably expensive, but I'm sure your photographer would love to try his/her skills out with something fun and vibrant like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards