Canada-Ontario
Options

Eyelash Extensions

Anyone done them?  Where did you go and how much did it cost?  What was your experience?  I think I want to get them done before the wedding rather than do strip lashes.
Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
"If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert

Re: Eyelash Extensions

• Options
    SNTJ2012SNTJ2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please don't...I got eyelash extensions done for a wedding that I went to last summer...I loved them at first...they were great and  I was excited about having them on for 1 month...but about 1 week in they started to fall out...taking my own eyelashes (which were adhered to the fake ones) with them...it was dreadful!  I would guess about 25% of my own lashes fell out...I cried for days...ultimately many of them grew back...back I was so disturbed because I was not told that such a significant amount of my own lashes would fall out.  I won't do them again and I strongly advise against them.
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends in the states uses Latisse - she really likes it.  Not sure if you can get it in Canada, and I would worry about it myself, but I've heard good things from a large number of people!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Talk to your doctor first!  They might be able to help you. Its hard to get an honest opinion from someone who is selling your something, or from someone in the business who is very used to the side effects.

Investing in a good eyelash curler can probably do wonders!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lauryan26Lauryan26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend do false lashes for her wedding and she spent over 1/2 an hour in the bathroom at the reception trying to peel them off and make sure she didn't have glue on her eyes.  They kept getting in her eyes and were overall a pain.  I am thankful for having long eyelashes, but perhaps you could experiment with different application techniques, colours, etc. to make it seem like they are longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards