Catholic Weddings

Check my wedding program?

Hi all,

This is the bit of the program that pertains to the ceremony order...I just want to make sure that I have the order and wording right before I print this.  There's no mass (as you will see).  All comments and suggestions welcome!  I just copy and pasted it so the spacing might be a bit funny looking. TIA

Ceremony

Entrance Rite

Seating of the Mothers                                    Canon in D (Pachelbel)

Procession of the Wedding Party        Air from Water Music (Handel)

Procession of the Bride                             Trumpet Voluntary (Clarke)                    

Welcome and Opening Prayer

Liturgy of the Word

First Reading …………………………………… Mrs. Doe  

Genesis 1:26-28, 31

Responsorial Psalm.…………………………….. Mr. Doe   

Psalm 33:12, 18, 20-21, 22

Second Reading.………………………………… Miss Doe

Colossians 3:12-17

Gospel Acclamation                                              Celtic Alleluia

Gospel

John 15:9-12                                                                                         

Homily

Rite of Marriage

Address and Statement of Intentions

Exchange of Vows

Blessing and Exchange of Rings

Morning Has Broken……………………………..Mr. Doe

Intercessions                                   Response: “Lord, hear our prayer.”

Nuptial Blessing

Concluding Rite

Lord’s Prayer

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.  Thy kingdom come.  Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Pause.  For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever.  Amen.

Closing Prayer

Dismissal                                           Response: “Thanks be to God.”  

Recessional                        Joyful Joyful We adore Thee (Beethoven)

Please join us immediately following the ceremony for a reception

with lunch, drinks, and dancing

Re: Check my wedding program?

• edited December 2011
    I would also list the name of the person reading the intercessions.

Also, I'm not sure about your parish, but mine strongly encourages putting the response for the responsorial psalm in the program.
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What about the priest's name for the Homily?  The Reverend "whatever" or Fr. "whatever"?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's. We also had a page with members of the WP in it.
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe a thank you page to your parents/wedding party, friends and family at the end??
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    image Our Furbaby Beaker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I would agree with including the words for the responsorial psalm but otherwise I think that's all the right order.
  • edited December 2011

I have a question... My wedding program is very similar, but doesn't have the names of the people by what they are doing.... they're all listed on the back of the program. Is that okay or should their names be in both places? 

Anniversary DS was born 11/30/12... so in love :)
  • agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_check-wedding-program?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:e66c5936-b685-4633-9a05-9abc11805c06Post:b214aa9c-aad1-4bea-8252-090557fa8983">Re: Check my wedding program?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a question... My wedding program is very similar, but doesn't have the names of the people by what they are doing.... they're all listed on the back of the program. Is that okay or should their names be in both places? 
    Posted by elisabethb29[/QUOTE]
    In my experience, when the names are seperate, people flip through the program to find out who it is doing what, instead of listening to the reading, etc. They don't need to be in 2 places, but it is better for them to be within the outline of whats going on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards